Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Tempting Short - Naspers

KJR
Frequent Contributor
I want to short this share, but it just seems too strong. Just not convinced its the right time to go short on this one even though indications are overbought
0 Kudos
59 REPLIES 59
jack12
Super Contributor
Hehe had the same feeling at 200, it ran sideways for a week. I think the profit in the shorts is not enough. Banks are looking weak at the mo
0 Kudos
KJR
Frequent Contributor
and there she goes - I should have shorted when my guts said so.And now low can she go.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
Somebody was talking about a reversal day the other day on NPN. Maybe today is that day?
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Absa is a tempting short.....long term resistance at 119....nice close stop. Look for a drop to 106.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
any1 see npn going lower? Im short at 232 but didnt close as yet.
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
31,5 bar at closing auction, hmmm ... I would probably be AC.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Charts say yes but it could trade sideways for a while always a risk. Some sell signals hold for a day and other for a week or two. What ever your profit exit was when you entered stick to it. Rather re-buy again and make smaller trades with more profits again. That way you pocket the profit and use the capital to reinvest. or alternatively reinvest the profit and keep the capital.
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
Ya, but how boring is DSTV now?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i think its a good short at these levels,even at 225,it has ran up 15% when the rest of the market were at their lows..it deserves a pull back to around R200 level..the foreign players will be taking their profits.will be short some tomorrow for a 10% profit
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I think it's been going up with the Chinese market because of stake in Tencent. I think China's overheated, but the risk is that it keeps cooking.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
shorting here is either counter trend or trying to call the top .. question is, why ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Acep what do you mean that you would probably be AC?
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
mm must be hurting by now, 1.3 pc up
0 Kudos
MenuOption
Frequent Contributor
NPN is one of a handfull of shares that are green on every possible timeframe (all 10 I think) - from intraday right through to 10 years - of the small graphs that SBK display on the NPN detail view.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
any reason why npn is up 3% today when the rest of the market is falling? Especially after its run so hard?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well why was it down yesterday when everything else was up ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Um, because 'Y' is a crooked letter, and it can't be made straight. I thought everyone knew that?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
where are all the TA experts? please view the npn chart,i can see a double top,needs to break 225 tomorrow and close below,and the rest is history.OMO
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
AC=up, EP=down, that is the long & short of it, as Simon says trade the price!
0 Kudos