Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Ten bagger search

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
PE tells you absolutley nothing! AND worse - they tout it as gospel. Even you believe them. HEPS is a bit more meaningfil, BASIC EPS (US) for asset heavy enterprises is a bit more meaningful too. Only CASH FLOW statements help with earnings; AND quite honestly - you had better understand the structure of a set of financials in order to "gleen" much from that source.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Anyway, you said "...from the financials. In other words from the price." ie. you equated the one with the other. I take it your subsequent post where you admit that they are entirely different matters is the point of reference going forward...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
take any measure of performance you want to ...price, P/E, ROE,. Work out a sysytem for entry and exit . Choose 5 comapanies and when you get a signal...invest in it...you can do no better or no worse than pouring over financials or looking at the premises.I have price...when BIL hits 220, I buy. When SOL hits 320, I buy...no emotions!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
What rubbish. That's trading. This is about investing. And you know it. You are just trying to cover up the nonsense you have been spewing.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
No nonsense and not trading.....investing. Just making it mechanical...the way buffet did
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
You're insulting Buffet! You just said that a random pick would do as well as all of the research. Have you any idea how much work Buffet does? He actually participates in the management of many of his investments! You speak og gleaning data from financials and then you take off on this crazy tangential line .This thread is about ten baggers - so microcaps really. What on earth are you talkong about? Wow...
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
no_money
Contributor
Nice action movie? Not sure about that, it appears that Ramsie is being bashed senseless.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I found my first ten bagger, and it's a sure thing.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
are u sharing? :)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
I lost my money watching a movie about a guy who does not understand the difference between trading and investing. He believes investing is about timing and trading is about time.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
THRESH,it should take less than a minute to invest in a company...sure all the hard work is in the sysytem you create for your entry...it took Warren Buffet less than a minute to part with his money and thats the essence of investing, not all this analysis mumbo jumbo!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The only response of which that comment is worthy - is:- RUBBISH! Some of this stuff is truely inspired. "Less than a minute." Why not less than 10 seconds? In fact, as quickly as you can hit the "buy" Let's just pretend you are joking.Honestly RAMS? You are joking, right?
0 Kudos
malc
New Contributor
You all are talking k@k and you know it
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
malc, that's not bad for your first post on this forum.I'm sure you'll find a few good drinking partners in this pub who have your kind of attitude.I really look forward to your 2nd post.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Reminds me of another first timer who used the word sewerage....he not here anymore becos he got banned....came back like a bad smell...got banned again!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
It's kinda ironic that he's one of the very few successfull traders out there.
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
Kwagga, or so he accusses himself to be
0 Kudos