Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Ten bagger search

kwagga
Super Contributor
That 2c close on 24 May must be a dud on my chart. Let's rather work of that 6c close on the 7th of this month. Serious speculation on this share for the brave.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It seems to be dropping, hype is dying down.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
u want to buy on a down day like this at about 330 (50 day SMA)
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
What about something like Ansys. I seem to remember reading about some sort of mine tool or machine that they had developed a few years back, that may or may not take off. Sorry if this share has been discussed already.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Seems ok, but i don't like buying small caps that are already trading above their NAV
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
NAV 445c trading at 320c
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I like ansys, well positioned for transnet spend and also got continious rope monitoring system (albeit they gone quietish on latter) .. interviewed alan holloway after last results .. http://www.maudestreet.com/maude-street-online/tag/ans
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I don't like this company at all (or this "kind" of company for that matter!). Just another "tech" company. Full of promises and nothing ever materialises. No cash, no assets. In my experience - these things hardly ever work. I don't trust the directors of these things. If they have such a terrific idea, why share it with us (ie. why float the company?)
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
They're also as far as I know the most expensive board of any Altx company
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- kwagga, here's my 2 cents worth. Given the global economic outlook and weak data coming through, it would seem we're in for a longish period of low growth and indeed contraction. Ten baggers will be hard ,if not impossible to pull off. IMO defensive st
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
These are long term (fairly) positions. You have to buy them while they are cheap. That is always at times like this. It's no good waiting until the market turns it's attention to the smallcap arena and paying a multiple of the current prices for the same stock.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- It's difficult assessing the value of most small caps - many of them have no dividend history, or very sporadic at best. So D/Y is not even on the table - so unless one has close ties with the executives, or intimate inside info it's all too much guess
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
You do your homework. When you buy a large cap- you pay up for the privilege; AND most of that valuation is based on guess work too. Don't kid yourself, over time only value counts. You don't have to buy junk. Try to pick quality smallcaps and spread your risk. As to guess work. I have two qualifcations in this field and another unrelated. I would like to think that my guesses are as good as theirs.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
I hear you, but in terms of a poor/deteriorating global economic climate ,small caps will be the hardest hit . Large caps , less so.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
BUT we have no idea what the market is going to do next and - given that smallcaps are cheap - they have less to give back.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos