Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Ten-bagger

Russ
Super Contributor
in 6 months.Not for me,unfortunately.
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Pepi
Regular Contributor
Where you been Russ?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Hi Pepi,I have been keeping an eye on things but just been a bit quiet lately.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Nice for those that saw the potential.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
A lot of these little companies have woken up and run aggresively. Traders view this as a sign of a mature bull market.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Not that many have actually taken off. I usually take new small company listings as a sign of a market overheating.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
A lot of the stuff I accumulated and suffered with has woken up over the last while: KDV, CNL, CND, RLF, SBL, PSV, NCS...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I don't see this market as mature yet. Too many blue chips and mid caps still offer value. That gap can quickly be filled, but I do think we're not that far off from a "healty" blow off. A big correction however I think is somewhere in the distant future.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Not arguing for it - since it is a "sign," it is really more for traders - and I never really subscribed to that approach to making money.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Twenty-bagger!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
THIRTY bagger - actually!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I regret selling at 79c now... Will enter at 120c but in a small amount
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I've been trying to dump a lot up here but - oh boy - it's not easy.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I can imagine. I was wondering if it wouldn't be easier to just give the order to a SBK guy sitting at a trading desk all day to complete. That's why we pay trading costs, not ? .
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
They'll dump the shares and drive the market down. One of those things that you have to do for yourself, I'm afraid.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thresh honestly now. This company at the moment, isn't worth more than 70c, looking at their balance sheet. Their results may be good, but it would have to improve by more than 500%-600% to justify its PE. What's your view?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
As I said - I'm selling. No - it is not worth this price - but the market works that way. I think it was pretty fully valued at 50c. As I have said before - I was waiting for a "This is the next CAPITEC moment."
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Be very careful, South African reserve bank has issue an order whereby mirolenders cannot merely debit clients accounts as they did in the past. The new act will require customers to firstly authorise such debit orders. New act was aimed to discourage reckless lending by Mircolenders.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
@Preston, not that I miss him, but what's happened to your sparring partner?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
lol, licking his wounds after the AGL debacle.
0 Kudos