Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Termination of Research Notice

knopkop
Contributor
Would love to know the thoughts out there re rather cryptic termination notice. It is bound to lead to all kinds of gesticulations ie Has Jannie taken his a/c away from SBK...You naughty boy! But then Jannie has always been strong with his own mind so maybe he wo'nt just co-operate.Or are there some rocks in the cupboard. What u think.... shld SBK just quietely have ignored them.Does this mean I sell my shares. Did somebody see some dirty hands. After all it has been a company plenty in the news but now we do'nt touch them. Com'n guys surely there is a better way to stop the spat...if there was one. Your thoughts guys.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
meaningless .. jut means they don't cover uit any more .. nobody covers everything
0 Kudos
knopkop
Contributor
Thxs SPB Now we know. Direct from the inner circle. Sound justification too. But sorry chum me no gonna give no medals for diplomacy. And poor Jannie... he gonna cry.They no gonna speak about me no more!Jah, only cos I'm in Stellenbosch. You Joe'es hve done it again!!!!
0 Kudos
Pepi
Regular Contributor
And i have noticed that SBK often "Terminates Research" of various companies from time to time
0 Kudos
kokkie
Contributor
In Stellenbosch Doc Craven used to say to the Joe’es: “Look at the scoreboard” we in the Cape still subscribe to that. Compare Jannie’s performance: 1 year and 3 year growth. PSG.. 33% and 254%; Capitec…28% and 448%; Curro… 62%.. To SBK… 16% and 40%. To mention just one.
0 Kudos
knopkop
Contributor
Kokkie you make a valid point.Figures u quote, whatever they are suggest a company on the move and producing good results. So we , as market watchers, are interested, we like to know the sums, sustainability etc etc. And it is here that the SBK research play such an important role. But what do we get, without any explanation, completely bland "Notice of termination" Point being, if for whatever reason, they are not going to cover this one....THEN WHY BROADCAST it in that particular manner. Why only speak of that one company. Yes, ala SPB, they do not cover all, understood, it is their choice what they do 'But why make a rah rah about it' Just do your thing.
0 Kudos