Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Thanks, but, um, no thanks.

Not applicable
OST, while I am very grateful for the interest you have shown in preventing me from making hasty trades, I think that preventing me from accessing my Portfolio page is a little extreme. Please would you allow me to view it again so that I may make my own decisions.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
IT is working on this, in the mean time you can view your portfolio from the home page.
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
there is always a back door, isn't there ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Detailed P/L page is also working,..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, the thing is (and I'm not complaining here - well not really), while I understand that on a mid-tech platform problems happen, this is actually an opportunity for OST to impress its clients - through prompt, honest communication. Surely when anything goes wrong, the first action should be to send an immediate email/sms to all clients explaining what's going on and assuring them it's being seen to. If you really wanted to leep us happy, you woule also offer free phone trades for the time that the tech problem persists. Hell, that way we may even begin recommending OST to our friends as a platform that is worthwhile because it makes an effort. It's not difficult or expensive to set up, but OST is starting to look like they really don't give a rats donkey (avoinding censorship) about their clients. Just my 2 cents worth.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That should be keep, not leep, and would not woule. A spell checker on the forum would also be fantastic!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Otherwise i would really wonder how successful traders are on this site versus other platforms,.. I mean,.. this is Antiquated 20click manoeuvres,... and yes we are in the process of shifting platforms,. this is rediculous,..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Right click,. buy gold at,.. hey i can even keep the window open and it adjusts the price while i wait for that perfect moment,.. WOW and indicators on the realtime graphs,.. Whoa, now thats techy for you ha !?,.. Sure this isn't a branch of Telkom!? or some other backward state infrastructure,.. ooo,. 20% chinese,.. hmmm,.. Police state and all,... [Most humble apologies for seeming uptight,.. but when it reeeaally aactually money involved,.. well, sorry the servers down,.. YOU LOOSE] lol,.. by the time our call centers finished with you,. your Margins will have called so long ago you'll be hearing echo's,... lol
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Simon,. Sorry to Rag SBK,.. but you can understand she's frustrations,..
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
Wardog I absolutely share your sentiment. A year ago I would be promoting this platform to clients / students. Now after seeing the essence of cracks / weakness I cringe when the 08 intake ask me my trading platform...I am still holding on the potential of positive change - not just in IT system(s), but also the communication ability of OST.
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
heya DST ! i guess i got no takers on that one, huh ? Good to see you here too.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey Ditz. Nice te see yer around. Hows the Three Amigos..?
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
BTW, Wardog et al FYI ... I use Firebox browser (version 2) which has a built spell checker to solve your concern re forum spelling. Or if using an older version of Firebox, you can install the "Spellbound" add-on.
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Or you could learn to spell. Won't kill you. Promise.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Why spell when Molizza's Birefox does it for you?
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos