Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Thanks

Brazen
Super Contributor
to the person who pointed this out as a good short the other day. Can't remember who it was? Great resistance line at 810 811 which I took yesterday. Out already. Good for a bag or two of Chuckles.
0 Kudos
40 REPLIES 40
saash
Super Contributor
CPS? Short suspects.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
here's an even better tip .. don't try the mint chuckles .. HORRID ..
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Good God man, don't tell me you bought those. It only encourages them.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
The white Christmas ones with pink puffy centres were great though.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well actually here's the real trick .. I complained to woolies that they was horrid .. so being woolies they gave me two packets of the real chuckles ..
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Good man Mr Brown. The pink ones sound a bit horrid, but I guess a girl can't live on organic veg alone. Speaking of plats, see IMP is now on (very) short term support. 308 309.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
er that's 208 not 308.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
AMS still has a way to go. It formed a double top with resistance at 811. The RSI showed a clear sell divergence at this price. This suggests more down side. IF Anglo decides it's time to recapitalise, you will see it coming off the seems faster.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think it was me with my other predictions on Mooses post re NPN. But anywat pleasure if it was me ;-)
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Based On ockhams model Which evaluates the PE ratios ,market Growth .Earnings my guess for a pull back for AMS would be 625-670 rands I gave them a 29 rands earnings per share for 2010 Fin year knowing in 2009 they had a 85% decline from 2008 any other thoughts , this is provided the dollar behaves
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rat, interesting insight, will look into it but under 700 might be a little harsh, yet not impossible.....
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Ya, it was you CPS. Thanks. Sold too soon, damn. Just gone long Anglo. Looks a bit iffy but hope it can close above 308.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Brazen, hmmm....tripple bottom so 50% chance of bounce, but risky.....if that breaks you looking at 270 mark.... out of my risk profile but I think you could make a quick buck.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yip, risky, especially since this is my champagne and expensive hair product account. Could get ugly if it goes wrong.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Brazen, call me market counter predictive but my TA says there is going to be a swing in AMS late today or early monday. Momentum creating a falling wedge. My bounce expectation about 730???
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Bu*ger. Shoulda held longer, I thought that 774 level was gonna hold. Looks like there is support round about now tho, the 754/55 level. Don't see 730. Hope not at least. Yikes.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
So CPS in terms of your trading method are you going to reverse your position at 730 ? and go long I have banked 65% of my short position I agree with you we could get a bounce but the key here is the odds they are not conclusive I am in the US they say if S&P breaks 1100 we are at key levels futures are down .Lots in the balance ,There are other commodities I beleive are beter long plays this is when the adrenaline plays games what do I do with the 35% so where do you stand mate where is the line in the sand
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SurfRat, Dont know so much about the S&P break...gave up trying to relate US to ALSH a while ago. Generally they correlate but JSE seems to lead US in direction. My Line?? Wow on te spot but what the heck. 730 is a mid level mark but I see a little support developing here around 740. I guess I will reverse the position at 715/720 as an absolute line if the TA holds true. I am starting to open slow reversals from 740 down to limit loss.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Looks like you were right CPS, big time. Carnage on AMS today. And AGL not looking like it's gonna hold the line, my stop is a snip away from triggering.
0 Kudos