Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Thanks

Super Contributor
ok gambling is not my thing there is a squeeze in the dollar its tracking between the 20 ,100, and 50 day ave its gone passed the point to determine the breakout direction if gambling is your thing then I am going to stay short but with only 10% just for fun
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
ok going to keep all 35% of my shorts
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SO a little gambling bug in your sails then after all ;-) wait for the 730 or even 720 mark...
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
2 more minutes then we should know
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well lets seewhere the 740 entry sends me....
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Monday going to be interesting still in the gamble but it is a gamble nothing is making sense now its like a choppy north east with jellies , ball bites ,and blue bottles all over the place cant wait to get back to the beach . 1 Feb one more week
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Monday going to be interesting still in the gamble but it is a gamble nothing is making sense now its like a choppy north east with jellies , ball bites ,and blue bottles all over the place cant wait to get back to the beach . 1 Feb one more week
0 Kudos
Not applicable
As much as anyone I enjoy a quickie and that is what I have with the 742 entry. Now I am getting out. Mixed signal for more upside so I still think I am going to see the 720 mark re-entry unless there is a serious surprise in the next few days to drive us north again. But small profit is what its about ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
As much as anyone I enjoy a quickie and that is what I have with the 742 entry. Now I am getting out. Mixed signal for more upside so I still think I am going to see the 720 mark re-entry unless there is a serious surprise in the next few days to drive us north again. But small profit is what its about ;-)
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Keep to the strategy that works for you. MPC meeting today and tomorrow, could determine where our direction goes. (market pricing in a rates cut maybe?)
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Hey CPS u going to go long again at 738 guess yesterday you made the right call I added to the shorts yesterday at 768 think I will ride the short a little more
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SurfRat, I played the short term bounce card Friday and Monday morning. Now i am waiting for 720 but most likely 710 from present TA.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
you got big ones to play this long when they could be facing rights offer cash strapped ect .and ect included the dollar play
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Surf, did you exit at 720? I jumped in this morning and made a quick few rands again ;-)
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
723 i was out but going long no way stuck with sasol long
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
waking at 2.30am to exit positions is not my idea of fun always happens when I am travelling ams is a very risky long play with the meeting coming up on feb 7 technicals must always be evaluated with fundamentals which is all about earnings ams could be on the upper side down on earnings 99% that means earnings of zero I must say you deserve your profit mate you are making some great day trading moves but be careful the grommets make you feel like a local and then bam they take out the shark nets (Saludos hermano)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks, and wakin that time of the day I agree...yuck.....my low risk approach allows me to keep it unemotional. I am likely to stay out of AMS for a few days. When I have a good run I take a break from the share. Overconfidence kills all trades and I learnt that. SO now I am onto other little gems. Eying EXX at the moment. nice moves there.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
It could go all the way to 780 even 800 in next few days the long position was very tempting I must say
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I thought about it but after looking into TA a close over 760 has to be in place for it to advance more. As this has not happened i am expecting a retarcement to about 715/724 again before deciding what to do. $ strength and Plat price decrease factors to remind myself to include for full picture. A run on price or weaker $ could skew the retrace but lets see Friday what happens. These are just very short term outlooks with at most three days forward.
0 Kudos
Super Contributor
I take it that u only trade on the long side of the market. For me the direction of the market is irrelevant. Long or short is like 6 and 9.
0 Kudos