Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The Awakening

David_L
Occasional Contributor
It is good to see that DROOY ( DRD listed on NYSE ) has jumped with almost 9% today to 0.85U$. Mulitplied by R7.08 you get a stock price with a notch over R6. For me it is a great sign and proof that DRD growth is not merely driven by local sentiment, we are a small easy manipulatice market, but a larger re-evaluation of the true potential of DRD by the market in general. Things then still look rosy :)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
DavidL, as I understand the DRD US volume si fairly slim and the logic si always that the price is set where the most volume is, so the JSE price is the real price. Certainly the last time this stock was a forum fav the US price indicated little or nothing most fo the time.
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
Frank Black has also put this back on his list of stocks to buy. The details are at www.fsp.co.za DR
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The majority of shareholders is in the US(see company profile) and the volumes have been on the increase lately, both in the US and here.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
wiz, sure thing. As per my point, exchange with largest voluem sets the price, the others follow.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
DROOY is not listed on the NYSE it is listed on the Nasdaq and the volume is overwhelmingly there - 4.5 million as opposed 2.4 million on JSE - this has consistently been the case....
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Grinding against the 100 EMA rock
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah, noticed that too,This baby's flat-lining on intraday. Im keen to jump onboard but not feeling too happy about the TA. Possibly a pullback to rid itself of that overbought RSI???
0 Kudos
LogicNvest
Contributor
Chartist any thoughts?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Yes the RSI is getting really heavy. I would say the correction will start next week.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
only thought is that nothing goes up in a straight line - after 30% up straight you need a break...
0 Kudos
LogicNvest
Contributor
Thanx, always appreciate your input.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Drooy still going
0 Kudos