Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The Challenge is started - check online for the first day's moves...

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Abuzz is in the lead with 2.57% - http://www.valueinvestorsa.com/stockpicker/Default.aspx -- Guys, i did some spot checks and will check further, if anyone finds something that is not correct, please inform me.. i think it looks acurate though...
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Short-lived, just goes to show "it is not how you start, it is how you finish that counts"
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Werner Why is the bench mark the most voted for shares...create a counter for the most voted shares and leave the benchmark as the benchmark which is the satrix top 40!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Oops sorry I am so far down the list that I did not see it there..LOL
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
lol, i think i am even further down the list. Maybe the wording "BENCHMARK - Top 5 Shares" is not correct, as the benchmark is the STX-40, any suggestions to what we should call the "Top 5 Shares" or is it OK as "benchmark" in front?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would vote for the word "popular" or "most-picked" somewhere in the name.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
OK, i will leave the red color but remove the benchmark name, it is actually not a benchmark, thanks for the suggestion!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Hey Werner, I see I am in second position. who says short term penny share trades don't work. Not sure if I will be doing so good in the longer term though!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Congrats hdk, - you picked you penny shares better than me. My picks included FPF (Finbond). Half their business is in mortgage origination, and with yesterday's news about Standard Bank putting the squeeze on the mortgage origination industry, I've pretty much given up any hope of winning... (Not that I'm complaining about what Standard Bank are doing - squeeze those middle-men who are leeching off society; their commisions are far too high.)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yea Timato, but what are the chances of STB passing some of those commissions savings on to us bond-holders?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not much chance of them passing the savings on... but it does help to improve their cash flow and capital positions so that that may not need such a large government bailout :-P
0 Kudos