Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The Experiment... le grande finale

Not applicable
Hi all, I posted a few weeks back that I would begin playing poker to generate monthly cash to investment. Well I am sad and a bit embarrased to report that after going nowhere slowly in terms of capital growth (and taking up quite a bit of time) I have lost half my initial investment by doing the one thing I vowed I would not do... Getting frustated and risking the whole bankroll on a single game to generate a huge profit quick. The result, R2000-00 loss in a single session. In fact, the loss happened in a single hand. Out of interest, my flopped straight lost to a higher straight draw that hit on the river (for those that speak pokernese). I played the hand correctly but screwed up the capital management. The lesson...I am still not emotionally ready for trading and the truth is that I may never be! Very hard to accept.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
asylum
Super Contributor
you should rather open a micro forex acc that allows you to bet 10c per point at least it will teach you how to trade and with real money , it is the cheapest form of trading education and your risk is tiny.
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
Nice honest post, thanks. I've lost a flush on the river to an Ace-high when I was sitting with the King-high.. It hurts, but you learn capital managment during the process.
0 Kudos
Alonzo7
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for sharing - Honesty is always the best policy....go well!!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Just learm from your mistakes,Jonnno.That's the secret.Is that the right spelling of Jonnno,by the way?
0 Kudos