Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The Frozen Margarita challenge...2010

john_1
Super Contributor
I would like to propose a new challenge for 2010..To trade in the most outrages places in 2010. All entries must be a photo of you in a cool place, and the trade must be a profitable trade. I think we will need two catogaries..local (your own city) and a travel comp.. I am sure we can crate a face group or website to post entries... What do you think...
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Not applicable
Is a date with Brazen the prize?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No, but I think that if you placed a trade while out on a date with Brazen, you might have a shot at winning!
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Thats a bit like the Extreme Ironing sport...sounds good. now I just have to try to do this high up on a cliff face somewhere in the boonies...I guess its time to buy that booktop!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I just thought it might be fun..Everybody has this view that trading is either very serrious business that only a select view can do, or its all about frozen margarittas on a beach...well I know it some were in middle but it might be fun just to have a laugh..and it can be realy simple, like earling money while out to lunch on a nice day, or a the pool with your kids..its just about having fun..
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I'd love to see a Chartist photo post....whips and chains might be involved.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I will let him know you have been fantacising about him.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
got to have something to keep the winter chill away...the wife just doesnt work sometimes....LOL....winte chill my net nannie approved text...lower end...its frikken hot here.
0 Kudos
petarmales
Occasional Contributor
I think it's an awesome idea!!!
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
good idea ... except for it having to be a profitable trade ... I've not had to many of those recently :)
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Nice one John.....don't have a photo but shorted Absa this morning (looking for a move from R129.50 to R122.00 with a stop as a close above 131.) over looking the vines of Guardian Peak wine estate. If anyone is interested this is the best breakfast in Stellenbosch, haul your ass down there and enjoy....if your trade goes south you will be in good company. Cheers!
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
Great idea John, let us have a link for the posts. It may become such a popular site, Google ads etc,. Then you/we can all retire from the revenue and forget this trading thing. I suspect you know all about WO Happy Holidays all.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
why would you want short ASA?? look at its forecasts.. dividend expected to increase 60 % over next three years.. making it pretty favourable.. so any rally in the market will send this one skywards
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
youngster i do not care for 3 years from now, I am trading the next week or so.....JSE up today, Absa down.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Yea I like the title, was -31 this morning and has warmed up a lot. Now its -25. Im sure the margarieta will stay frozen for a while.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
we need a page on Werners website or somthing similar that allows easy uploads from a camera phone..Any suggestions
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Yes John - Luffly plan :-) ninja - that Guardian Peak Breakfast sounds great, do I need to make a booking for New Years Day - or will it already be too full and maybe pull in there on Saturday rather? Who else is around Cape Town on the New Year weekend? Unfortunately, Wizzie can't make it :-(
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
incidentally I'm sitting on the same trade at the mo. Been quite intriqued by the extrememly low volumes, the general level of 128-50 maintained with little spikes to the 129ish level, the rsi divergence and the 30-odd cents spread. Who's the first banks to start publishing results in the new year?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
John,why don't u start a blogptot open to forumites u choose to let in of course? .They could e-mail your google address.
0 Kudos