Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The Golds...

Not applicable
Gold Index hit a P&F BUY signal in Mar...ANG on a BUY signal since 22Mar....GFI on a BUY signal since 29Mar.....HAR on a BUY signal since 19Mar...#### DEMAND is King..##..$GOLD on a BUY signal.The Shorts are waiting at $690.Just be aware##.$USD on a Descending Triple Bottom Breakdown SELL signal since 30Nov2006( one sick Puppy,this.)...weakening Rand should add impetus to aforesaid.
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
kr_pto
Super Contributor
hey zarp... you use Amibroker by any chance? as I have found a formula that you can add for a P&F indicator. take a look at: http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=301 http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=257 http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=348 the last one seems to be the better one, but is based on closing price. what you think of them (assuming you using Amibroker) for rest of your TA.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
kr!pto : Sorry.No have Amibroker.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What is the indicator ?
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
is a point and figure chart based on closing price. not too familiar with P&F yet, so not sure yet how it works (as to my understand you would normally use high and low prices).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
According to the man who invented it..Mr Dow himself, the Traditional Highs and Lows methodology is the Classic.Back-tested(no Oscillators did I use.)Fantastic anticipator and No. 1 on the Trade Planner with Custom fittings( choose your Sqiggle-set).and Fibonacci.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
fair enough. would prefer highs and lows myself. these were the only ones I could find for amibroker. first one is using highs and lows, but does draw properly. so will probably have to review the formula code myself to try and find best solution. if you are interested, i can email you what the result looks like for a share to compare against your manual ones? drop me your email address if you want...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm afraid I have a number of uh...not-quite-friends on the forum who would love to know that too,heh.So let's talk about it "al fresco".Here's my Caveman approach. Click on Text-pad.Set Font. Start at the June 2006 Lows on the SFM Charts and let the Xs and Os begin.Keep a daily Progress report on all the Majors.Note any changes. Price,Support-Resistance,BUY and SELL signals,Dates.Done.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
no worries, i understand! pity we cant post pics onto the forum, hey?!
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
FYI as an example, here is what it calcs for SOL from beginning of this year : from 4 jan to 17 jan - 6 Os from 24 jan to 6 feb - 5 Xs from 27 feb to 14 mar - 6 Os from 23 mar to 28 mar - 5 Xs
0 Kudos
Not applicable
264 260 X X 256 COXOX 252 XOXOXOX 248 XOXO2OXOX 244 XO 1XOXOX 240 X OXO OX 236 OX OX 232 OX OX 228 OX 3X 224 O OX 220 OX 216 O 212 A = October B = November C = December 1-9 = Jan to Sep. As you can see SOL threw a SELL signal back in Jan2007. Double Bottom Breakdown O O O Again in March2007. and developed a BEARISH Resistance Line which is overhead resistance to Demand as at.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Right..so that didn't work.Supposed to look like Columns.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Type in <.br.>, without the fullstops, and you'll get a line break
0 Kudos
Not applicable
super idego: Cheers and for spaces between Xs and Os on the Horizontal ?
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
thanks zarp, will wait to see what it looks like in cols and lines! :) gonna try guess your email would be [email protected] anyhow? ;)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
let's make it easy.Go to stockcharts.com.Type in code : SSL.Choose the P&F option. Enter.Once you get to the PnF chart,you'll see 'text' versions.Now you can also look at the 60min and Weekly.All done for you.Just save Pic and stare.Those Os and Xs don't care what year it is.It just follows price like a Hound.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
seems pretty close. the extent of the moves is less on stockcharts, due to box sizes I think. the formula i have since seen use ATR as method for box sizes, which is one of the options on stockcharts. so would seem to me that this custom formual is working in Amibroker, but is one specific method of P&F, and not the traditional one as you are using it. still, does at least give the option now in Amibroker, which will be helpful (hey, i am just too lazy to draw the chart each day...yawn). :) thanks for the back and forth on this one zarp.
0 Kudos