Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The Psychology of Bubbles

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
The Psychology of Bubbles: Using Hindsight to Examine Why We Bought into the Hype .. http://ow.ly/3cleZ
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
jaj
Frequent Contributor
I'll have to give you a compliment Simon. Your advice and arguments are sound and easy to listen to on CNBC. I also liked your show with Jeremy Mansfield the other day. No, thank you. You do not have to lower my brokerage fee.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Nice one Simon. If u look at the DOW.the 2000-03' recession was Denial. The Financial Crises was Capitulation. And now we have returned to the Mean.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
BTW.Gold is on the Media attention level! finance.yahoo added it as a ticker .. but they didn't tell u to buy it yet! ;)
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
ja I agree wizard. Been getting heaps of cold calls and emails from SAcoin and the like wanting to sell me gold. Sounds like approaching bubble territory to me. Sorry Zarp, I follow your blog but I dont buy it. Even George Soros has been punting it, which means he is looking to offload it to the rest of the public.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, your pal David Levinstein seems to be of the opinion gold is in the take-off phase. Only time will tell where the yellow brick road leads.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
I love to nibble on shares at the top of the blow off phase. By the time it hits the bottom my boats are full and the harvest begins as they rise. Trading is like a farmer, plow then plant seed then water then harvest. Buy when everybody is selling and sell when everybody is buying.
0 Kudos