Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The Warren Buffett Way with Alec Hogg

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
booking from the homepage.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
INTTHEMONEY
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Save money on courses and do the John-way. Buy and hold for 10 years.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And of course you get 20 miles to a gallon.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Who in CPT is going to this presentation?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Vic I am not a buy and hold in my long term portfolio I am a trend follower but use the long term averages as a guide... I must say I am impressed with you TA it would seem that you have your head screwed on correctly..are you having good trading results?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
So what is different from this presentation compared to last years presentation?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bad discipline drained me slowly me up until about a year or 2 ago. Always had a decent edge but my stops and R killed me. Started recording my trades in a db and analyzing things, and since then things are remarkably better.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Well done for turning it around..I believe good traders are willing to face the truth and as such keep records of their trades. If you are not willing to see the bad you are going to live in a world seperate from reality and that is always going to cost you in the end.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
alec hogg presents in all venues. preston, err 2007 vs. 2008 ?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
eer Thanks Simon ,but i was referring to the eer substance of the presentation..lol
0 Kudos