Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The Worst Budget

kwagga
Super Contributor
Stop making it a racial issue you twit. It not about previous government and current government. Off course the economy is in a better place currently then prior 1994, who ever said it wasnÂ’t? I wasn't economically active in those years anyway, so I'm talking the now. I'm saying this government could do a lot more to attract investment and spawn entrepreneurship, but instead theyÂ’re pre-occupied with keeping the workers (read voters) happy and enriching themselves and their buddies. For all theyÂ’re worth. Get your head out of your @SS and start seeing this government for what they are? This is not a bloody communist country where you get locked up for being a critique of government.
0 Kudos
MarkD
Contributor
I actually didnt mean you, i meant superstar! soz.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Room for improvement! What a laugh - what systems were in place in 1994 have been totally destroyed, not unexpectedly of course. Jonathan Jansen in an article on Moneyweb last week said that he would seriously consider not sending his children to school in present day SA...as for public healthcare, it is also beyond repair, certainly by the current bunch of incompetents who loot and destroy as far as they go and then blame the previous regime 18 years on...pathetic. But the propaganda and disinformation seem to have the desired effect on some.
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
Other than transformation policies how else do you propose correction of evil creation of oppressive government. Even today with transformation policies the imperialists and bood of oppressors are fighting with all they have to accept that Africans have the right to better life. If you do not want to transform the economic opportunities voluntarily then legislation has to force you to (and your people are fighting those laws like now.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
The Minister will take a dim view of poor reporting standard and may despatch Hawks to deliver you for a lecture on the correct misuse.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- So other than a handful of well connected BEE black diamond recipients, what has the govt. done for the the previously disadvataged masses ? It's been 18 years of self- enrichment for the chosen few, while the masses continue to suffer. As others have s
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
If you won't play fair then I will go to a new home and take my ball with me, I also provided the goal posts but will let you keep them for old times sake. Stop looking behind now and look in front of you - Our new colonialists prefer red carpets.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
FACT: The ANC was handed the most advanced economy in sub-Saharan Africa on a platter in 1994 - the "evil creation of oppressive government". Can you image what SA would have looked like today if Mandela's ANC was allowed to implement his communist ideals in the 1960's? An English Cuba comes to mind but with potholed roads, dysfunctional municipalities and dilapidated infrastructure a la post-colonial Africa. Mind you we are getting there...
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Budget,robbing the rich,for very little gain to the poor.This country could have and should be one of the most prosperous on earth. Given our mineral wealth and other resources in relation to our size. One only needs to look at the state of our roads, post offices, City halls etc, etc to see the downward spiral. Big fancy cars pull up next to you at a robot, have a good look inside, Bet KFC chicken bones will be scatted over the back seat, those that hit the window and didn't make the road. The problem most of us don't like to tell it like it is for being labelled ".........", but the reality is there for everyone to see.Bottom line we are not productive enough, and the continued and ever increasing handouts by such an assembly of inept bunch of idiots representy the majority there will never be an incentive to anything but sit on your jack.Malema building a R16mil house and here I am s*****ing my hard earned cash together and giving 40% of it away today in the form of provisional tax.Yes, this is a beautiful country, like many others in this world, but run by complete idiots. There we are, finally got it off my chest.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My friend left in 2006.He went to Tasmania.R5 = 1 $AUS....then.Look how the Rand has devalued in just 6 years, in 2012.The currency is now the real trap.Thus,many who could have left,now cannot.As for the Budget.Just more smoke and mirrors.The country's profile sees it ready for a massive hedge-fund attack.Soros is in the wings.....watch him play.He'll put some big hurt on the 'leetle rand.' I like the Guy.....heh.He thinks big.SPLAT !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Couldn't have said it better myself. It's sad but true. The decay is there for everyone to see. Be as blind as you want to be but fact is fact. SA is definitely a "fixer upper" at the moment.
0 Kudos
ACEP_
Regular Contributor
you cannot create wealth by dividing it - ring a bell?
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
handed advanced economy? If you want to call GDP growth of 0.8%, inflation of 11.5% and interest rates of 25% then your advanced has a lot to be desired for. My debate was never about the race but factual information than emotional ish. Well since the reign of Dr. Nelson Mandela we have heard people pollutiong the air with "I am going to Australia", and they are all still here. The very same people will say "Ohh Nelson Mandela is my hero... blah bla blah. This noise of "I am going to NZ, Australia, England, etc its not new and its just becoming annoying.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
http://www.businessday.co.za/articles/Content.aspx?id=166026

this editorial seems apt to the above discussion. i can't however say that zimbabwe are in happy times, although they seem to be a bit ahead of the curve on the correction of past evils by the imperialists. the people there seem content enough.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- The inconvenient truth ( although the govt. lives in denial and refuses to publish emmigration stat's )is that many top brains and clever money has and continues to leave this country. Ask any emmigration consultant - many more would leave if they could
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- Hmmm - yet they continue to pour over the border into S. A. ???
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
you missed the sarcasm
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
if you dispute that fact, you are advertising your ignorance - maybe you should read more (not the ANC Today, but Moeletsi Mbeki's books) and travel more - across the Limpopo to any of the surrounding utopias. As for your other "facts", SA GDP growth in the 1960's was actually higher than during the early 2000's. The anaemic growth/high inflation that characterised the late eighties were a direct consequence of international economic sanctions which caused mass unemployment and misery. Finally, a million whites (and their skills) have left the country since 1994 so stop whingeing and be happy...all your wishes may still come true.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
0 Kudos