Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The banks

Not applicable
I noticed that the banks are all up at there 52 week highs..However NED is moving at a faster pace than the others,is there something that hasnt been released on the SENS??SBK seems to have a strong resistance at around 10100 and ASA has resistance at the 13000 mark..Is it too late to go long on 1 of these banks??
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Ninja
Super Contributor
If you are a investor it is not to late to go long.....if you are a trader I would be more wary until we know what the dow is going to do now that it is trading on major resistance. A short term pull back is in my opinion very likely off this resistance level. (9850)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
actually firstrand seems to be the strongest of the big banks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This coming week could decide alot,could we see 10000 on the DOW?? or do we get that pullback that has been talked of from early August
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
IMO - It'll drop solidly only when greed has run its course and fear reasserts itself. Nobody's scared right now. All talk is of buying the dips - what's to be scared of? The only thing creating wariness is that maybe the rise has been too quick, but that isn't anything to fear in itself because the situation seems very different from before the banks got their get-out-of-jail card.

However, my personal emphasis is on the word "seems". This baby is still tied to government's umbilical cord. It's not fixed until it can walk by itself.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
I trade the 4 screen way....lokk at the dow, then the ALSI, then the weekly, then the daily. My concern with the bigger picture is that we are probably in for a short term pull back with the Dow on strong resistance. I think a short term pull back is on the cards for this week, unless an over bought share and the over bought alsi can continue to rally in the face of dow weakness....
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If the dollar strenghtens,basically everything else will weaken..IMO
0 Kudos
Vencat
Occasional Contributor
Hi all. Just a question. What impact does a interest rate cut have on banks? Thnx
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
Good for banks - less bad debts...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Looks like all the banks are pricing in a rate cut..however on very low volumes this morning
0 Kudos