Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The bears are gathering in large numbers

Not applicable
for what it is worth - statistically every system I have ever backtested, it is better to take profit that get stopped out. Now that should spark a rally (of comment)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
for what it is worth - statistically every system I have ever backtested, it is better to take profit that get stopped out. Now that should spark a rally (of comment)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
thinks you right, my very very lazy system is the only one that says let it ride. But then it weekly and ungeared and been long Indi25 since late 2011 .. Lazy ALSI prefers some profit taking along the way .. so I exit third at 1,500, another third at 3,000 and let the last third stop out .. and that last third some times shots out the lights, but have it in mind to crunch numbers to maybe exit half at 1,500 and last half at 3,000
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
****Notice Update***** To all patrons, we have a system overload due to the massive influx of bulls into the bears camp. We apologise for any delays caused in registration of bears.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Ysberenen( Norwegian for polar bears - and they don't tend to gather in numbers except on a few occasions in the summer) are to be avoided. Here is an analogy. If I was a volcanologist I would be watching for the signs: there are lots of them that indicate a seismic activity increase - or I could even be watching birds if we are talking tsunamis. whichever way you look at it a point is reached where if you haven't worked out that the trend is about to end then you are ignoring the signs. Alpine skiing is another good example - you reach the crest of a hill or so you think - and then there is a further push to the top - the top seems flat - but its not - and you pick up speed down VERY QUICKLY....to quickly to stop unless you pull off... Of course it could be that the market will run on to double its last downside - which would mean it would exceed 60 000. ITS DONE THAT BEFORE. But that is only ascertainable with hindsight. Therefore for me at any rate its a question of what you sell and why - and if something (like RICHMONT ) is overpriced then I take some money off the table. SOL have only recently exceeded their highpoint over the last 10 years - which was about 520ish. Is it fully valued for the present - or overvalued. I tend to think its overrun itself a bit ..therefore
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
My exit on "lazy "is the stop......been long the JAN 14, rolled into Mar 14, and now hopefully going to roll over to Jun 14..,,,,,
0 Kudos