Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The biggest problem we have ----- DENIAL and HOPE

DST
Super Contributor
Yes the problem includes taking the losses while they are within budget, and it means avoiding the notion of hoping for a late innings home-run to rescue you.

I am sure that much of the pain is from untaken losses, but denial is a biggy. First - did you set up your investing (or trading) strategy clearly and honestly, up front? 2nd did you act within your rules, both wrt entry, and also wrt exit? 3rd, if/when your rules let you down, do you review then repair the rules, or do you break them and hope? 4th do you report your overall results clearly, fully and with due honesty to you and your dependants?

Weird how many hands-on accounts are driven by males, who are bigger denialists (i.e. thay have a bigget tendency to over-report successes and under-report loss) than females in facing financial outcomes!!!
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
john_1
Super Contributor
Absolutly DST..That male ego is a problem to all. The reporting thing is also key!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yes, I often find myself feeling sorry for men. What, with them being so stupid and everything. Shame.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Its human emotion surely - we all hope like hell our team is going to win, and we hope our shares / trades are going to "go up". If I could divorce emotion from my investing / trading, I would do alot better - but I am only human, so I am not sure thats possible. Maybe the top Poker Players should trade for a living. I mean at one stage I actually thought we would lose the Pro20 last night....cmon its Bangladesh! My cold clinical thought processes should have told me that Johan Botha would bowl a brilliant spell, and that AB (he really is Jonty) now would do an awesome run out.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
One of the fundamental diffrence btween men and woman (apart from the fact that men are perfect in every way) is that Men think they are thinner and better looking than they are. woman think they are fatter than they actually are...your butt excluded.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Sadly, I'm thinking with my butt today, or thinking like a man. Just bought the teensiest bit of SHF when it hit the lows last seem on October the 27th. Got some at 1212. Will bail if it breakes 1190.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think women if they were released from western style ego sensitive partriarchy they would be infinitely better than men at most things...esp politics..(dont even mention Margaret Thatcher in this debate cause she was a man)...everything except driving of course....
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
So true C. Relly irritates me how coy and dim a lot of women are about money. If I say I trade the markets, most women think I sell jam at the flea market. If I then explain they say, 'oh, I know nothing about finance. It's all too complicated."
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Brazen...of course its in mens interest to keep them servile and dimm....easier to snog then....I am stating it very crudely but this is at the heart of the problem...men fear women and the amazing powers that triangle between their legs has...they really do...the only way to overcome the fear is to dominate it...hence the partiarchal society...U have to read the literature on how society has dealt with the most powerful of women (and still do) the prostitute...once you have understand this the power will be yours...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Ah! I knew there was a reason you were batting for the other team. Pure fear.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes that and the fact that I can wear a *****...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The prostitute the most powerful... care to explain...
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
A most interesting point of view, calling prostitutes powerfull. Is that perhaps the reason why we call the lady of brass cojone fame a man? We would not dare call her a prostitute, so we give her a sex change.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
well in your case case she knows all about your rather ...let us just say recondite needs....she is the only one that understands the nappy thing...knowledge is power..
0 Kudos