Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The devil lies in the detail

Not applicable
So here we have a company offering its creditors R30m worth of worthless shares in exchange for the debt owed. The question i have, is which creditors are we talking about. if it is trade creditors, such as IBM or Microsoft, then shareholders are dead in the water, IMO. Those guys can just get the company to liquidate, an cede all the annuity revenue contracts over to themselves, and walk away with 50c to the rand or so. Especially when there is R39m in cash, and another R18m odd in fixed sellable assets. Curious as to how this will pan out
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
genie2b
Frequent Contributor
diluting the shares....mmmm
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Truly a disastorous operation.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This stock is so diluted already, that further dilution is like ordering water on the rocks. And now i see they are talking about needing to raise R80m. Yet management are still prepared to pump R30m into this! Either he is reinforcing failure, or there might possibly be a silver lining out there. But I still think the most likely scenario is for creditors to force them to liquidate, in which case the lowly shareholders out there get zip!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
There is no equity left, really. So the cost of liquidation will have to be carried by the applicant. In cases like this, nobody wants to bring the application for liquidtion. The creditors might as well take the worthless stock and hope for the best. At any rate, at least it is more tradable than the FARITEC debt on their books.
0 Kudos
nass
Occasional Contributor
Is there any lights on out there. I've been in this for sometime now, hoping/wishing it will turn for the good. Do I hold, or take the knock now ...........?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And the vultures set in! former management ripping out profitable contracts, selling off profitable assets to 3rd parties, creditors rejecting their scheme - wow. Look what shareholders are going to be left with - an empty shell to be split 1,5bn ways. A spectacular collapse!
0 Kudos