Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The furnarces are now on

Not applicable
What do you see happening to this share now that the furnaces are on. Do you think it will rally to more than R2 level in a months' time?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I see load shedding in our future ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Short term future for resources looks bleak with the earnings season coming up and depressed results expected.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yep, load shedding definitely underway if they are firing up dem furnaces again. Anyone been to a foundry before? The juice that goes into those furnaces is pretty damn impressive. Makes me wonder what MRF's DCF model looks like now, with Eskom's proposed 34% price hike?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I've been asking questions around these parts ,to see if i can get some answers.Seems that although the spot price of chrome has risen,really no new contracts have as yet been signed.Seems as if the regular customers are just taking more at the moment....Further more, Merafe announced that the "joint venture" is firering up more furnances.This is a bit vague as ,no one here is sure if this is perhaps Xtratas furnnaces as well as those controlled by Merafe,or Merafe's alone!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
also seems that it is full 60% of capacity .. but according to the chap I interviewed last night, profits only really flow at above 80% capacity ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I guess that is the problem with bee deals, who gets to pick at the carcass when the meal is over?
0 Kudos
Great
New Contributor
High probability is there that MRF share price will climb to high than R2/share.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ja, if it can just do it in my lifetime, i would appreciate it
0 Kudos
foschinni
Contributor
I dont get it. From the SENS announcement yesterday MRF has made a serious loss, but the share is still holding up. how do we explain that?
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
IMIO -very simple - the loss was already priced in... On a serious note, this is what's bugging me all along, and why I reason that all the methods and schemes, stop loss et al, is a cause for concern when looking at the irregularities in the pricing and tendencies
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
IMHO this share is on the way up again. China latest gdp figures shows growth of 7.9%. Price is also increasing again every quarter. IMHO good investment with a 2 to 3 year wiev.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not 2-3 years but within a few months time. Yes, long term true, but note as well that MRF is also a good short term share. I have profitted from it bigtime through short term trading some few years ago, and even some time this year.
0 Kudos