Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The inevitable path to final destruction is edging closer...

41 REPLIES 41
Not applicable
I think that we can still safely hide behind the constitution on this one. So this can go 2 ways - theoretically. As long as top ANC officials have a vested interest in mines - and as long as state still offers any form of guarantee on BEE loans, the ANC will be opposed to nationalization. So if Cosatu tries to throw its weight at all costs, then we are likely to see a split in the alliance. Any divisions will futher erode the ANC. So if SA is to survive, and kill this rediculous debate, then the 2/3rds majority question has to be put to bed forever. GO DA! We need you more than ever
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Maybe SA still could have taken a knock on the mining industry, but ones it spills in the other industries its game over. Sandton in JHB looks like a modern city outside Africa. It has to start looking like itA's part of an African state.
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
BRING ON NATIONALISATION OF MINES Then all of us in mid/senior management levels in the mining industry can get a golden handshake, wait 2~3 months, and then come back as consultants to the new state appointed managers at twice our current salary.....
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- It is abundantly clear the Anc are hellbent on wrecking the country. Zimbabwedom looms large. And all the while, the president is silent, leaving our future in the hands of Malema and Cosatu, who are the only one's doing all the talking. Is there hope
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
better still get suspended from Anglo American SOE on full pay for two years. what a blooooooddddddddddy joke
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
What happens in China will happen in Africa as wellA..in 200 years. For now things have to get worse. Greediness and corruption always manifestos before a true market psychology takes over.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
-= Sasa, the one issue you have'nt considered is that the mines could and more than likely will all collapse after nationalisation.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Very interesting read. Hard to ignore reality and hard to stay optimistic when the deterioration is in your face.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Very interesting read. Hard to ignore reality and hard to stay optimistic when the deterioration is in your face.
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
@Green Beast - I have to agree there, my wife always tells me to be positive about SA, but the reality is that article. Now if only she would read it and decide where in Oz she wants to stay.....
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I feel this is great. It will split the ANC down the middle . Expose any cracks.
0 Kudos
jaj
Frequent Contributor
I am certainly very critical of the waste, corruption and general mismanagement of the ANC but to add perspective to this "final destruction" article the critical commentators should also scroll down and read the reply by Lance Greyling.
0 Kudos
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
Lance Greyling's comments are the only part of the article worth reading!
0 Kudos
Sandile84
Occasional Contributor
I'm new to trading and not to sound too selfish and inconsiderate, but wouldn't nationalization of mines be a good opportunity for traders to go short on mining futures? If mines are indeed nationalized I don't think we'll end up like Zim.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
That article is the most racist article i have ever read in my life!! It implies that black people have never contributed anything to the advancement of humanity, instead we have been a parasite! disgusting...really. lets get real....im so disappointed with the contents of this article and anyone who supports it fully without careful consideration for the history of the human race and how things would have probably turned out if our history played out diffrently. Again, it seems people assume that since certain people in government are pushing for nationalisation, the entire black population is for it...if thats not low level thinking then i dont know what to call it...plain stupid. Ruined my entire morning.
0 Kudos
Jughead
Contributor
You don't think so? WHY? Are you stupid enough to think that doing the same thing over and over will get you different results each time? And then what are you going to break next in order to achive your short term goals?
0 Kudos
Sandile84
Occasional Contributor
Let me guess, you saw my name and then your brain automatically assumes that I support mine nationalization, well I don't. And I think you should take it easy with insults and also control your emotions. I was simply asking if mines are indeed nationalized wouldn't it be something traders can benefit from instead of being victims?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Sandile,there is so much talk of nationalisation that it is probably already getting priced in,if indeed the market thinks there is a chance of it happening.Rather,as Simon always says,trade the price.But if you hear any inside information that the market doesn't have,then go for it!
0 Kudos