Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The long is over and we are short

Not applicable
The long term target reached at 30185. Short now.
0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
andre20
Contributor
Would be nice if you call it before it happens! I can also give my advice 10 mins after each fact and look like a Champion.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
andre this was posted as it happened and not after
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
Alsitrader I suspect you not making yourself popular. By all means share info but your tone is quite aggressive. Personally I could care less but if you looking to make friends you doing it wrong :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Paul I am trying to be rational here. Why and how should this post in any way be negative, offensive or contain anything that should make one unpopular. I merely state my view on the market. Jusr reread it and maybe you will come to another conclusion. I believe that this the top and i have gone short. It is merely a stement of how i see the market. If anything I am putting my money where my mouth is. In any case my aim is not to be popular. I thionk sharing a honest view on where the market backed up by analysis is far more useful.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How on earth is "The long term target reached at 30185. Short now." in an aggressive tone???Seriously...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
must be the way i said it
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Give the guy a break? If I knew what share he was referring too, I would most definately look at it. I personally appreciate others opinions on where a share is going. I saw no aggression in his statement. My heavens!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Give the guy a break? If I knew what share he was referring too, I would most definately look at it. I personally appreciate others opinions on where a share is going. I saw no aggression in his statement. My heavens!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bev. Yes it was very vague. It is the alsi top 40 futures price i refer to -currently trading at 30110.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The long term target reached at 30185 ? Why 30185 ? What is the point of this post ? Need some details as to how you get 30185 as target reached
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hennie - the point of the post was to communicate my view on where the maret is heading. The market has reached that target and now seems to be turning so thats history. The resource which detailed how that target was set was given previously. What is more useful would be to determine what the target of the short is. We cannot make money from history.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Bev - this would mean that a short on Billiton or Anglos could be considered as well (if you not an index trader). I would def not be long of these tow right now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Making calls like this is just setting yourself up for disaster. The only call everyone remembers is the one you got wrong. It does make the forum more interesting though....So, whats your stop level and whats your target?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you are quite right about people only remembering the negative. In profit on the trade so trailing the stop. We got down to 30020 and took some profit there. The profit lock in stop is at 30220. Right now the trade cannot lose money.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
kind of curious as to how you guys can determine that the market has turned, looks pretty much on the way up still to me. 30050 would have been a pretty decent entry point long
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lets talk after 17h30 shall we?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
skaapchop its called a terminating diagonal. I wont post the link but if you know where to look there are loads of resources on this.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if you like i will mail you something. My email is [email protected]
0 Kudos