Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The mind boggles....

Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
How does one explain the following? You hold a share for ages - it does very little. Then, almost within, seconds or minutes (at the most a day or two) of closing the position, the share does exactly what you have been waiting weeks for it to do. That is so freaky to me - sure, it is purely coincidental, but crikey!!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Maggie
Super Contributor
Welcome to trading on the stock market.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Yes,theatre cat,i have often felt that there is a god of the stock market who likes to make me suffer.sometimes the coincidences that happen can't be explained by chance alone.It is freaky!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja you are touching on a serious point regarding share selection that I am going to start a separate thread on. In the case you are describing, the issue is that as a trader, you couldn't stay in your stock if it was moving sideways, because your 6% or 10% capital exposure rule then would prevent you from entering into other stocks moving faster. If I can give you advise on this particular stock - stocks rarely break out of a sideways trade without giving you a re-entry option. It will almost certainly pull back fairly soon.
0 Kudos