Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The next area.....

barry_1
Super Contributor
....as we are in the at the moment in the base metals,ferrous metals,industrial metals and coal and it is likely to continue for some time ....IS CONSTRUCTION likely to take off in a couple of months time...i see MUR etc did not move today....escom has awarded first contract for the first new power station in ten years....going to cost 89 billion rand.....WATCH for suppliers such as PPC,and supply products for gaint electricity(reunert?) etc....what do other forumites think?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
barry_1
Super Contributor
sorry ,i meant,any other opinions wellcome!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i see a director today reported to be turning options into shares....wise man!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey Barry take it easy on those beers.Cheers
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
funny u should say that,i bought sab today,also drank a carling...do u think i should invite maria ramos over for a party?...darn just rememberd i'de have to invite trevor as well...can think of nothing so deadening as having the finance minister there as well!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you think barry ? the world is not the same, what can i say ???
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Barry,I was just about to post that if ppc gets through resistance at 38 it could fly,and sure enough it has.I hope we are right because I got into some ppcabb in the nick of time.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Usually a bit early to get into PPC for the Xmas dividends,but now with this new twist,it might be better to get in early as u say as ,with Gautrain,stadiums,gov housing and now the cherry on the top the power stations things are moving along nicely.It's amazing at the speed this first new power station took to get off the ground,usually such an event can take years in planning,suppose ESCOM heads were afraid they may loose their bonuses.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Mur is also doing nicely thank you,i'm not up with every construction share but does any one have any info on Grinacre-LTA who was awawded joint construction with Murry Roberts,or are they private now?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
PPC has pulled back again.Still approaching long-term support and I feel this is a good buying area.If it can close above 38 I will be happy.If not I will just be patient!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Had a look Russ - looks as if support is a little lower, at about 35. If it closes below 35 won't be good, so that's probably a good place to set a stop.
0 Kudos
Longjon
Occasional Contributor
Grinaker -LTA is part of the Aveng Group ref AEG - also looking promising now.
0 Kudos
Longjon
Occasional Contributor
Grinaker -LTA is part of the Aveng Group ref AEG - also looking promising now.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Longion,now theres another share i can look into as today i bought installments in MUR.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Probably right about support,B. I see a falling wedge since the recent high of early April and I feel we might get a breakout before the support is reached.PPC is very oversold and it appears to me that the macd is giving a divergence from the current downtrend.Taking into account what building and construction shares are doing right now I feel that there is some pressure on ppc to follow suit.Hence I hope for a breakout of the falling wedge.There might be more downside but I think that when the break comes it could be a swift one.Always risk involved in calling a bottom,maybe you are wise to wait.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Ha! Nothing I like more than calling bottoms. Except maybe sometimes getting it right. And, yip, just cos support is 35 doesn't mean it'll go there - could easily bounce higher this time. Especially, as you say, in light of current bullishness of MUR etc.
0 Kudos