Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The secret to trading Kumba

Not applicable
Kumba normally gives a sign that its reached the end of its upward run by giving a sharp brutal intraday dip (some smart money getting out), triggering a lot of stops, and then eventually recovers in price to almost what it was before the dip. This is usually a precursor to a down movement that will start the next day. Might be wrong about it today - but its worked weel for me the last 3-4 times. The secret is to have a wide stoploss before the dip - take profits after the dip.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
platsak
Super Contributor
Vic. In Kumba at the moment. Was there such a dip yesterday?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You can still see it on the intraday if you "Live Price" KIO. This one coincided with the all-resource drop but was more pronounced. Previous times it happened was in May and June.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Might also be an idea for a little day-trade-scalp kind of play with tight stops.
0 Kudos
Mula
Occasional Contributor
Is Kumba a Buy at current levels of R248.00 ? Where do you see the share in 2 weeks time ? Thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What concerns me is that it touched 22 day EMA yesterday and came down sharply. Looks like this one *might* me in a bear phase, but for some reason I still don't want to short it.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
bil & imp also touched 21ema yesterday and fell after that.
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
T-Sec research this morning punted Kumba as a buy...back at major support level...expecting recovery bounce +14 per cent possible.
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
just be careful in shorting this one, LDT on the 15 aug it will slowly rise up until that date because dividends are tax free so on so on...
0 Kudos