Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The trend is your friend.Is he?????.

tee_1
Occasional Contributor
I noticed in the past few weeks big bear gurus was very active.Prechter again predicting a big dip,Faber and Raubini coming up on Bloomberg. What happens next.The market starts a new run up not even reacting to bad news only on good news. Maybe it is a bit far fetched but are we (call us dumb money) not influenced by these gurus (most of us start going short because the trend our friend is also going down).In the mean time smart money (informed people) start buying our shorts at bargains.At a later stage they sell these back to us again at a higher price because at this time we are again following our friend the trend.Just before smart money again changes the trend. Is that what u call a friend?????I call him a bliksem.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable
I think if you know what the short, medium and long term trends are and you do not go counter trend, know your resistance and support lines and trade the price - and not worry about the noise then the trend is your friend.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
until it bends!But, well said..boet
0 Kudos
Not applicable
On a medium term view the alshare is down and short term down. So the trend currently short term can't go up in a straight line so expect the alsi to break medium support. We need a present and a halve to resume the longterm uptrend. Don't know where that will come from so that's my opinion.
0 Kudos