Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Them markets are a turning...

DCTrader
Super Contributor
Bit of red on the way...?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
vishal
Regular Contributor
I think allot of profit taking
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hmmm ... or more sellers then buyers where as earlier was more buyers then sellers...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
That's deep Simone. I guess that's why SBK pays you the big bucks.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you noticed. But it is the single biggest market driver yet nobody ever mentions it. Always talk about oil, profit taking, blahblah - but it truth tis really really simple why things go up or down.

The hard part of course is why more buyers or sellers?
0 Kudos
Runbird
Contributor
Even harder is this: for every sale there must be a buyer and seller. So how can there be more of one than the other?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
You have to know the dif between over bought and over sold.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Its a question of who is willing to jump the spread in an up day more of the buyers go to the sellers and other way around for a down day. also the size of the spread has more to do with this than the number of transactions.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
TOP 40 just registered a renewed Point and Figure BUY signal at 24400.= Double Top breakout.Same with the All-share at 27000..
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Mwahhh!! Big kiss for Zarpie the Bear. Keep it up, my R500 in TOPDWZ is now a grand.
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
My 2 grand loss on TOPDWZ is now suddenly a profit of 6k (If I don't mess it up again as usual)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Zarp let me get this streight the markets just tanked and now you get a buy. Hmmm I think somthing is wrong with this picture.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
john, tis simple. When perma bear says buy, sell everything.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL..I use the same stratergy with the good Dr when he says sell gold I will buy the stuff whole sale.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
john : PnF is anticipative.It reflects a future bias,in the present.Demand is still in control.Hence, if for eg: one is in TOPDWZ, it means BE CAREFUL for the rest of the week.In other words, taking profit is wiser.SBK, for example is still on a SELL signal( which is only nullified at R108( a new Buy signal).Right now,SBK is at resistance and still a Short.Took me a while to internalize this methodology.Helps to manage risk and position-sizing.etc.etc.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Hombré...check out DJ market sentment @ http://finance.yahoo.com/marketupdate/overview?u ... I know its short term but interesting tho'.....adios.
0 Kudos