Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Thinking out of the Box?

Not applicable
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
kwagga
Super Contributor
Nice story, but I think Mr Francis Daniels is making selling his party trick to every Tom, ***** and Harry, because Mr Daniels is having difficulty in offloading in illiquid markets, hence create some liquidity by selling the trick, and attract more suckers to offload to.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Nice story, but I think Mr Francis Daniels is selling his party trick to every Tom, ***** and Harry, because Mr Daniels is having difficulty in offloading in illiquid markets, hence create some liquidity by selling the trick, and attract more suckers to offload to.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Kwagga - you should read Market Wizards, by Jack Schwager. In it, he interviews some of the greatest traders of the last 50 years - and arbitrage was one of the best ways that these guys made their money in the 60's and 70's, where massive inefficiencies existed in the stock market. It is only natural that inefficiencies would exist in African markets as well - you just need to be intelligent enough to capitalize. Wish that I had thought of this sooner.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I don't doubt the power of arbitrage trades at all. Most reputable brokerering houses have desks allocated to just that, but I question why you want to spill the beans on your golden goose.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well arbitrage does exits it happens often around share splits and corperate deals.. do you remember anglo mondi unbundle... they left billions on the table.. it happens in the alsi all the time..
0 Kudos