Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Third Discussion of the Installment Club for September and October

barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes with the new products,namely CFDS obviously some attention will shift to them.How ever for those of us that have more a bent towards Shares,Installments are still the right product.Easily understood and with lower costs and more safety... New members should do the on-line installment course under help and education and it would probably be a good idea to attend one of SBKs seminars on Installments.Perhaps a good idea to go on the courses ASAP ,as i feel that they might become fewer and far between as time goes on as SBK is likely to concentrate on the new product ,namely CFDs....The current Installments that are still doing well are of course FSR as it is coming up to its Final.All banks have recovered very well and are near their one year highs....Another share that has passed its final date ,is REM and i felt it would be worth holding at least till the amalgamation with Venfin.It is also performing very well.
0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
barry_1
Super Contributor
I have selected my new list of installments that run up to their finals in Nov and Dec are as follows; ABL..; ARL..; DDT..; PPC..;SAP..;and TBS..'See seperate;y what i have written on SAB under warrants.Yesterday the share wobbled as well a re; the china syndrome,how ever ,beer is of such a nature that more is likely to be comsumed if there are trouble in that country!...istarted a wattch list at midnight on the 31 of Aug.so i can let you all know how the individual shares are making progress....Please let me know what shares also reaching their FINALS in Dec are on your watchlists.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
That should be"which" shares.ouch!.That is what i like about our website,one can correct ones mistakes!while on the subject i have added the Third discussion on to our website,including what i hope is informative info on installment trading.I used Remgro for this purpose,also topical chatter.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thought for September: ALL THE FLOWERS OF THE TOMORROWS, ARE IN THE SEEDS OF TODAY
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
NOW TO THE MEMBERS and THE WEBSITE. of the installment club.Thanks all who joined,i have added to the lists of members,SO U SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND YOUR NAMES THERE.If i have anything wrong let me know and i shall correct it....1. the members chat area is not working at this stage.I feel it would be very unfair to start a chat section using SKYPE as not every one can join in.I was wondering if we should not use perhaps MESSENGER which is connected to HOTMAIL?....of course all discussions of installments should be carried out right here where we have the NET-NANNY Simon.Thanks SIMON,i know it is a thankless task! ....i started constructing the website originally as an archive for the club and then all the extra pieces then just seemed to come along without actually any deep thought!....I just want to point it is a FREE WEBSITE,which means i do not pay for it.The ADS go to the WEB OWNERS....I have no real knowledge of websites and find its sometimes very difficult.To give an example i had difficulty preventing figures from moving out of columns.So a web builder tells me to print it on EXCELL then import it to the site.Right,problem did not know how to import etc. an so it goes!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
The website was up and running on the first of August.First week two visits ,second week six log ins,third week 426 and fourth week thirty .According to the stastistics they are all from South Africa,so i presume forumites!....Naturally they keep urging me to advertise the website,for the life of me i cannot see why i should as its is for the forumites.Oh by the way it was in the top ten of new websites on some or other rating thing,not certain of the details!Come on forumites,please respond!
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Hi Barry. I have a question. PPC will announce their results at the end of November. As PPCSTD and PPCNIE will expire before then, would you wait for the new instalments to be issued and then buy them, or would you buy the existing ones and just allow them to rollover? Another question if I may. Would it be correct to describe instalments as a combination of a share (owning the underlying) and an option (the right to buy the underlying at a certain price by a certain date)?
0 Kudos
MenuOption
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi Louisg,according to SBK you loose nothing by buying now as that exact amount of money will be used to buy new installments.I am also going to buy PPC but intend waiting till the new ones are issued as the market is very down and likely to fall further in the short term.The trouble of roll over is that the exact amount of money from the expiring instalments is used to replace,i think at no cost to you the new installments,how ever if the underlying share has moved up in the meantime,you end up with less installments!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
In installments you pay part of the full share and are then allowed to pay the rest at as i understand it at that price at a later date.Please read the installment lecture under help and education.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Now wheres the NET-NANNY ,i have to add another share to the list of shares reaching their final in dec?....yes its AIP,all those stars?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hozit Barry, just a heads up.. mondi applied and won the right for people to invest in it without using there offshore allowence.. This set a persident and clears the way for BAT SA to do the same, if this came to pass BAT would have the heaviest weighting on the JSE. and therefore would be subject to tracker fund purchases also it would become a touch more volitile as it would move with the sentiment of the global indexes.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks John,intresting news and i 'll be including Mondi in the next list in Nov as its Final is in Feb.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes your discription of the option partis quite correct.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
The website is going to be upgraded with many new features and then tweaking there after from 6 September,so is like to be off line at times for the next couple of weeks.I also what to introduce new features there after and clean up the present website,please be patient.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Barry, what is the website address please?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Remember Instalments are for a longer term,so this cuts out some of the noise i.e. those that i filtered out for December should not be judged on daily moves,which can be described as random at best.That said the only one of the watchlist started on 31/8/2009 is at this time PPC which is up 6%.REMEMBER when buying installments you are also going after the dividends,which are tax free as well as the capital gain!
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
Have you looked at RDF installment if so what is yout take RDFSIE I think is the code Any comments on this one will be welcome
0 Kudos