Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

This information should have made easy money yesterday, UP and DOWN

Ninja
Super Contributor
Regarding Chartist's pay to view site......my thoughts. Firstly, it is the only online chat room / resource worthy of paying a charge for in this country. Secondly, you don't have to pay.....lots of info is still free and so is the chat room if not full. Remember that running a website costs money.....why should Chartist pay for everyone to have a free ride, using his expertise etc for free? No, he is well entitled to charge for a service, if you feel it is not worth it, don't pay and sit here all day listening to idiotic posts like why did xyz share go down??? Its not about following live trades, its more about understanding using different techniques, analysing the market and building your insight to become a better trader. I have signed up as a paying member and I don't even trade the alsi....but this is the closest anyone will get to genuine one on one mentorship from a seriously talented trader - and for what, R150 a month? I make that profit in the first point profit I take when trading the Dow.....
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Give me that old time con artist anyday, such wonderful people one and all. GO PUNT YOUR CRUD SOMEWHERE ELSE.
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
Hey Fred - since when do you decide what gets discussed on this forum?
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
We agree about crud and punt but not location. This is progress, not? As for discussion there is no evidence of this, it sure looks like a managed account group monologue to me. As such it scores high on the scam artistry scale in the category of the old boy con trick. Free advertising and customer diversion by attempted stealth, eh?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
for all the rest of you folk out there, trying to sift through fact and fiction, you have a choice - the lone voice of a moron, vs a sea of thankful traders, who have found the information supplied useful and honest. Shame on you Fred, for airing your draconian views against a site you obviously have not even bothered to visit, for if you had, you would have found a host of videos punting nothing but advise on trading strategies and someone's thoughts on how the markets will react, or how to trade the situations as they occur. And you would have found blogs with a lot more informative information than the usual dribble that gets posted on this site. And you wouldn't have to pay. So exactly what this idiot's problem is with the realchartist website - and exactly why he feels the need to dictate what information can be shared on OST's blogs, and what can't, I have no idea - and apparently neither does anyone else. Fredsed, in short, on behalf of what appears to be the bulk of the forumites here - &#@ off.
0 Kudos
ben_1
New Contributor
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Its amazing how bad this site has become....no real traders, no real insight, no real hope.....the chat room has become as cr*p as the inept trading platform. good luck guys.....me thinks you gonna need it.....
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I hate to admit it but I agree. Chip in from time to time to kill the boredom of watching an investment portfolio (retire at 35 and learn to become intimate with boredom.) BUT the content has become so puerile and banal it isn't even worth stirring anymore. Regardless of whether it is about the fundamentals of a company or a trading setup. One problem is "scale" I think - you wind up in a fist fight with a punter about the merits of a trade when you are sitting long a few bar in a share. The net result is that most serious participants couldn't be bothered.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yawn ..
I don't know what's more boring .. the bun fight about nothing or the 'this forum is so boring' .. ho hum ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
This forum is so boring is the most interesting thing on this forum at the moment.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
And some relief is provided with a some light humour. Still I say, no insight, no leadership, no added value....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dude, this is a forum, there is no leadership .. a forum is like a pub, no more no less .. insights come and go as do people ..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Yip...but it sure had a lot more leadership and insight when you were heading it up....there was an opportunity to hear advice that was practical and applicable to improving your trading. But hey, OST is nowhere near best in class with its trading platform, why should the chat room be any different?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Except okes have been complaining about the forum for ages, even when Simon was around. Charty and others used to go on at length about what was broken. So let those who think it should be better, contribute stuff of the quality they'd like to see.

Me, I don't want it to be anything. It's there. I read it. I sometimes contribute. Personally, I get what I need from a few sources, so whatever the SOL forum is, is.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Yea....fair comment.....horses for courses. I am a paying member of Chartists site and in my opinion it is in it in a different realm of chat room / trader resource site. When it comes to training and education OST is the shining beacon and in a class of its own. But once you have completed your basic training and want to advance I guess frustration can set in.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Fully. I mailed him a suggestion that he set up his own site in 2009. Seemed logical to just have a place he could craft according to his own whims.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
This is an automated response... GO PUNT YOUR CRUD SOMEWHERE ELSE.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
You're sending chartist money by reducing the signal-to-noise around here, comparatively making his site a glorious beacon of trade info. Sadly, we can't vote you off the island.
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
vernon koekemoer is fredseds mother.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Please do share the name of that book. I do agree that Mr C is very vague about scalping, but nevertheless he is a good teacher.
0 Kudos