Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

This is Cheap

Not applicable
With an earnings yield of close to 50% they don't have to grow. But with oil prices falling, inflation should fall, interest rates should fall and the housing market will recover. With a bit of luck ABK will sell more bricks..... I'm taking a punt at this one...
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
JimMorrison
Occasional Contributor
Trading at 24cps, and cash per share at 11c! So in essence it is trading at around a quarter of NAV - it will shoot up pretty soon.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
what would bw your selling price on this little share. I think all the factors you mentioned in your post should boost this little baby coupled with some positive earnings news it should do well. Any idea when results are due?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If you like it cheap, what about FPF, at an earnings yield of 75%? In addition to their bond origination (and I am actually rather bearish on a property recovery just yet), they do NCA-compliant micro-loans and debt consolidation - what a devastating synergy!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Scandal. Don't expect their earnings to shoot up just yet. Have a look at their company news. They expect their earnings to stay constant (not increase) in the current market with the high interest rates. But the oil price has come off quite a bit, inflation and interest rates is set to follow. Therefore if all goes well in the medium term the housing marked will pick up and with that ABK's earnings.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Timato, I agree, but the positive signs are starting to show. Both companies to my mind is good buying opportunities at the mo. Also have a look at director dealings - always a positive sign.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
anyone know what the cautionary is about ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good to accumulate at these low levels, and await the turnaround. The directors are dealing all the time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
its even cheaper now, aheeeeeem
0 Kudos