Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

This is insane

Bigfish
Occasional Contributor
Are people investing with monopoly money in our equities? Seems like one big game going on currently.
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
matters not .. just be long ..
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Precisely - not in the way you mean though - monopoly money. That is what it has become and that is the reason for this surge - the more valueless the currency - the more they demand hard assets rather than the paper they proffer.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
how do u explain the 3 month period where the R/$ strengthened and the ALSI still went up as well?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Rand strength on the back of foreign buying of SA assets... ultimately the Rand will go one way though.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Anyway - I was referring to all currencies - not just the Rand. That said though, the Rand is a special and rather sad case.
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Now, if these shorts do not die well, it will be a black matter for the clown that led them to it, ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Believe me Koos. The shorts are standing on the sidelines all with titanium coated ball boxes and crash helmets willing to jump in then the longs leave the party. The longs take the stares up, but the shorts will take the elevator down.
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
There is no elevator.
0 Kudos
Happy
Contributor
They take the windows...
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
if you tickle us, do we not laugh?
0 Kudos
Bigfish
Occasional Contributor
Now is the time to go short!!! Lets see if I'm right :)
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Strange fish. = caliban? I wonder if everyone has this little window especially tailored for them with all manner of tripe?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
really, calling a top to the minute .. like it ..
0 Kudos
Bigfish
Occasional Contributor
Jip Simon. I called the top to the minute ... watch this space ;)
0 Kudos