Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

This is where Serious and Opportunity Meet.....

Not applicable
Long Bonds see the Point and Figure Chart at the Abyss( seriously)...if that yield hits the next X on the $TNX Chart it's BEAR MARKET BONDS = HIGHER INTEREST RATES USA SHOCK,NOT LOWER OR HOLD...the eyes flick instinctively to Gold as a Safe haven...and the 55wk MA is Key and only $10.89 below the $647 Close = Opportunity of 2007 for Blue-Chip Gold-buys already on the Go.>>>>>aliencharts.4shared.com ...if you want to view it in "normal" and P&F Pics....PS: Asian Central banks are buying all the Gold that Spain has been dumping.Massive Gold demand-surge reported from India(+50% in Q1) and China(+30%) Ref: World Gold Council....### and the Aussies see a rate-hike coming in July,so too, the Bank of Japan( whose growth-expectations weren't big enough with 3.3% annualized versus a pre-lim of 2.6%)....and the new Zealand Central Bank has admitted it is actively selling the Kiwi to temper Speculation...and alltogether just another Blow for Carry-trade expectations...just my usual blah...opinion.
0 Kudos
39 REPLIES 39
kwagga
Super Contributor
Zarpie. It been my opinion lately that it might be a wise decision to move into more cash, and invest in relatively under priced shares (of which there are very view), and the occasional opportunistic speculative warrant (Put on JDG for an example). Those under priced shares might not be the big movers and shakers at the moment, but at least I won't watch my investment slowly shrink over time. I think equities have already moved into a correction phase (since late April), and everyone expecting a huge one or two day correction might be disappointed. Some of the younger formies unfortunately won't recognize a bear market unless it bit them on the butt, but they will experience their investments slowly but surely shrink as time pass by.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Kwagga, I'm also watching JDG. One of these days, that's gonna be a big fat buy. A PE of 8.5 forgodsakes.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
If it moves into the 60s I think I'd be crazy not to scoop up a few shares. Deja Vu Simon?
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Told you guys to short it after the last Carte Blanche expose... Be careful though - they are making money of HP agreements and not furniture profit margins. So that PE is not that far out...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
You were right DayTrader. And ya, they are acting as a bit of dodgy bank and that is under threat with the new credit act. Still, a few shares, not anything geared, could pay off. They've been making money hand over fist for years, and they're smart enough to find a way to keep doing it.
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Maybe so Brazen. But with the general market jitters at the moment I would wait a bit... Maybe once the correction is done and the charts confirm a turnaround?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Pleasure! I should just follow my own damn advice sometimes.. sigh...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Mrs B Not even the NCA can posed a threat to Banks. Have you heard of a term called "Provision".These provision was brought into existence when the NCA act was first enacted....not when it was made applicable. From where i am standing ,"there are some pretty fat cow grazing on hectre of green pasture (meant figuratively)"
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Thanks Preston. How does it affect a retailer that gives credit, like JDG, though?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the main thing with NCA, for the average person, is a lot more paper work. But debt will still be granted.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I am quiet sure that JDH has got "rich reserve " looked away in their balance sheet which if thing does go wrong in term of NCA, they will release that reserve to the income statement (window dress the income statement) until such time thing can stabilise and new loophole can be developed. My dad use to tell me this .."For every Act brought in existence , the exist 10 possible loophole"
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Yes Simon - agree. BUT if it is proven that credit was lend RECKLESSLY then the outstanding amount will be written off. Ofcourse this will spun off a whole new industry on its own! The bottomline for me is that the ave person buying at a JDG-store can currently BARELY afford it. So what will happen if let's say 25% of JDG-customers can prove they were lend credit recklessly? OUCH!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Well said Simon 100 % correct. Simon do you know why? . bank jargan ..Because of the difference between banks "cost of funding" and "repo rate".Bank can sustain many solid blow to their chin and still not fall.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Day Trader : Does "Ouch" takes into account reversal of output vat at installment sale - 14% reversal of interest income -- "way ,way , way above prime rate" Bad debts write off --- as allowed by the Reciever of Revenue --"Uncle Bob" I can go on....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
read something with NC Act : Loophole if one establishes a CC or Trust with 2 or more Trustees.Apparantly, the stringent requirements for Mortgage Applications can be side-stepped,thus..Downside is,no further qualification for CGT exemption on properties of R2m and less, if such is done....= no Loophole.Allrighty then.
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
No Preston - in the long run you are probably right. However stocks move up and down more on investor's perceptions than fact - take ELD for example. So I said SHORT JDG after the Carte Blanche expose and wait until market jitters are over and technicals show turnaround before buying. But for now - I won't touch JDG. It is also uncertain exactly how the NCA is going to affect them in the SHORT term.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Interesting Zarp..Basically you lose the exemption given. Thanks. Was not aware of that Potential Loophole
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Serious happens....and it registers an awesome new possibility :>>>10-yr Yields clock that X, make it 2 of them, on $TNX Daily ATR P&F ( as referred to at top of Posting...)...uh,oh.
0 Kudos