Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

This may be Crazy. but u think theres a chance 4th May gap will close today.

Electrox
Super Contributor
If the US decides to tank when they open.. this is a great possibility.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
venice
Super Contributor
These gaps are crazy. I took my profit when the gap filled this morning, left the computer came back and holy cr**. You could well be right if we break 19000 you will be right.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
ps I'm really ticked off that I missed the rest of the move.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Venice i know your feelings.. Also closed the short once the gap closed this morning.. but been out the whole day so there was nothing i could really do..no regrets... be nice to make up for the missed oppertunity if the 4may gap close today.. lets see.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
My problem is GREED I want it all, every last cent just kidding. I lost a bit yesterday and am in the, I want to make it up mode. I will close my computer and try again tomorrow because I always lose when I start trying too hard. Im also glad that not all the ALSI traders have left this forum it would be a pity.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Its just murphy's law... When i dont close the gap play.. it reverses and takes back all the profits it gave me.. when i do take the profit.. it just runs faster an faster... I did however resolve this problem by trading gaps with more than 1 contract.. too let the onther one do the unthinkable..
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
The best is 3 contracts. One profit at 50% gap close another at 100% and leave one on the table. Today 800 points so far not bad for a 50K investment.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Not that I do GAP trading quite yet, might dable in the comming months, but OUCH for DOW opened 1.5% down (thats almost 3.5% since 7th May). Guess your GAP traders are smiling like chesire cats today?
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Looks like its taking todays gap out first.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Venice your getting ready ?? what entries do you use..
0 Kudos