Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

This share is going shy high!

Not applicable
BEG results due tomorrow, can't wait! BEG has been languishing for a very long time but in recent months there has been a significant increase in volumes and activity surrounding this share. Last couple of SENS announcements indicate that this company has made a complete turnaround. The results for the year ended 31 March 2007, are expected to show a complete turnaround in earnings and headline earnings per share of 0.08 cents, based on 386 390 419 shares in issue, to earnings and headline earnings per share of between 2 400% and 2 420% better than the prior comparative 13 month period ended 31 March 2006. I do hold some shares and I think this one is going to double in price, VERY QUICKLY!
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Plonky
Super Contributor
Yes, Skippy. I also heard that the results are going to be good. I will be happy if they go back over 30c. We will talk again tomorrow. I hope it is "Sky" high and not "Shy" of being high.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This share will see 32c by the end of today. At least... maybe all time high...49c?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
49c in coming weeks, sooner rather than later. PE still a bit high but historically it has always traded a little high for a small risky outfit. I do however think that they have established themselves now and are on the road to success. I sure hope the results back it up today.
0 Kudos
Marno_1
Regular Contributor
I see that volumes moved so far is 1,324,395. Not bad at all.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Has anybody seen the Beige results yet ?. I looked on their Web-site, but I could not see any new results.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
AGM only started at 10:00, be patient... should be out soon. Long agenda for the meeting, I think results are last.
0 Kudos
Thombo
Contributor
Skippy - I think the market will price this one up gradually and it will still take a while for the investing public to gain faith in BEG. A rise to the levels you are talking about seems too unrealistic. I am also holding them and I hope for the best but I can't see them charging past 30c in the next few months. Hopefully I am wrong. Is there something I am missing.
0 Kudos
Cool_Cat
Occasional Contributor
this share will continue to gain value (but not over night) as the new managmeent gain creditability, however it is a very complex share to value due to all the changes and acquistions that have occuried over the last 18 months....
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Hey Skippy. You seem to know a lot about the company. Do you work there, or do you know somebody who does ???.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It has threatened to be a good investment for many years but has failed to take off. This has changed over the past months with the price breaking up through a 5 year ceiling. The acquisition of Quality Products last year appears to have given Beige some real substance and management believes that there will now be strong, sustained growth in earnings. Their most recent statement clarifies forward earnings. Not cheap for a small and risky outfit, but prospects are good and products are well established. I'm expecting HEPS of 1.5 -2c, which, at current 23c, equates to a PE of around 12-15. Not cheap for a small and risky outfit, but prospects are good and products are well established. These results will be the first to really confirm a turnaround in the company. Share price increase might not happen overnight due to market scepticism and lack of trust but the new management have been around for a year or so and I think this share is only going up from here, from a technical analysis perspective but more so from solid fundamentals.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Skippy... do know know more about the capitalization award that is discussed in the company news section ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Still in the dark about this one, but it only bodes well and a SENS today or tomorrow will make it a lot clearer. Nothing to worry about. can only lift the share from current levels.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Ok, I am being a bit doff. I read the full article and it explains the situation well. There will be additional preference shares offered to all shareholders in the near future. The alternative to this is a cash payout. Not a lot, but it seems like good news. The full article is available in the company news section.
0 Kudos
vishal
Regular Contributor
I c good volumes for the share today ,heading for the 26c level
0 Kudos
dreamer
Contributor
I am not sure about where the price going to settle at, but it looks like an upward trajectory. The Crystal Pack deal brings a little more diversification for Beige, in terms of plastics. I think this is a good thing, and Crystal Pack brings new contracts. There is however still a little while to go before the turnaround is complete, but I think the management team have the committment to see this through. The technicals will tell you little about this share, but the fundamentals suggest a sound footing. Hopefully some asset manager agrees, as the market might need such an assurance from 'experts'. Still trying to figuere out the preference share options. OMO
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
see you guys are chatting about my seabiscuit:-) we see how he races 2morrow when those results come out........
0 Kudos
Cool_Cat
Occasional Contributor
Any news on the results, why the delay?
0 Kudos