Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

This thing called trading

Ninja
Super Contributor
The goal is to trade full time......to be rich? yes, but not my driving motivation.....because I love it? yes, because it intrigues and enchants and to trade well consistently, is a beautiful thing, more wonderful to behold than other occupation I can think of. To all of you out there trading tonight, as always, may the charts be with you.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
wattleido
Occasional Contributor
Hi ninja, I'm a budding young trader (in the making) who feels the same way. I've got a bunch of questions I'd like to ask someone who has been doing this for a while (sucessfully) would you mind me dropping you a mail?
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Hi Ninja, as the previous reply asked, would you mind us asking for advise? I have also recently started trading, busy building up capital and hopefully one day when I'm big, become fulltime.
0 Kudos
gareth01
Regular Contributor
I feel the exact same why.....have burnt my fingers in the past, but learnt from those mistakes I can honestly say. Been trading succesfully this past 12months - but learnt one important lessson during these volatile markets - bank profits (generally my strategy is min 8% gain and bank it). Greed and emotional anxiety is the worst enemey - so stick with you strategy, stop loss and expected capital gains.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I need someone to mentor my traders , I've given them money from our investment club. If you are in Durban (you will be paid for it)
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
hehe, guys there is no way I can help you.....just lamenting a few of thoughts last night, the only way to learn is to teach yourself, pain included for free. Hell, I am still learning and will be for the rest of my life. My point was not to say I have arrived, I am a million miles from that point if indeed it exists, my point was that I am passionate about this game making ongoing learning easy.
0 Kudos
janne
Frequent Contributor
Njabulo, what is your contact number, or email/ Mine is 0719494626 or 0312660598. Maybe we can compare our notes at least.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
To all the start-ups: Guys, please, you will not get rich out of trading within your first 5 years. This is your training/learning phase. It is a magnificent feeling when your trade goes exactly right and you might get to do this 4 or 5 times in a row and be successful, BUT, then greed or some other monster steps in and messes your feel-good-feeling up. People said that I had to read this book and that book about your sychology and how to trade and it was boring as h*ll. What they should have said up front is, read this 5 page booklet about, stop-loss! and money management! and when you start to trade, keep it small! Why is this important? You need money to make money. As simple as that. If you have lost it all what will you trade with? But what a felling when you get it right. There is an Evil Kanievel in all of us. (To the youngsters this might have been before your time - Evil Kanievel was the guy that jumped the Grand Canyon in the USA with a motorbike)
0 Kudos