Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

This weeks trading scenarios

Not applicable
The JSE pullback seems a bit overdone - biggest culprits are resources and a general pullback (still) on foreign investment into emerging markets (still have to review JSE supplied stats to confirm this). So, two potential scenarios exist) 1) Resources bounce again, and since the rest of hte JSE is not sharing international optimism yet, a flow of new money comes into emerging markets. That will push the JSE to new highs. 2) Global markets pull back - and resources continue down - that is going to hurt the JSE IMO. In my experience, if the JSE is showing weakness in times of international strength, then a pullback on international markets hurts even more. So how to react? Well, Simon's lazy trade is the obvious system for capturing the first scenario. As for the 2nd? Well i challenge anyone to find me a system which would promote shorting at these levels!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Spoegs
Contributor
Ungeared market neutral, just got to pick the right direction for the pairs you have on the radar. Get it right and the overall direction of the market is not and issue at all.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Yeah, just choose a direction and turn back if direction you chose is wrong. In fact, find the crowd and go in opposite direction,crowd surely will follow you....
0 Kudos