Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Thoughts on Woolies?

Werner_1
Super Contributor
lets see what everyone thinks of WHL now? I think it could be an interesting time for the share... lets see... whats your thoughts?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
kwagga
Super Contributor
WHL in my watch list since 1 Jan 2013 and up 1.64%. The recent investment (costly one) in a low margin Oz just doesn't cut it. I think after the sell off in Shoprite, it now offers much better value than WHL. Shoprite's business model also is much more compatible with Africa growth. WHL limited upside here, hence the expansion to Oz. In this space Mr Price, Clicks, Shoprite, all better options for the next few years in my opinion.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
current forward PE is 15.8x and my current buy PE is 15.8x .. so price is right but really good price is closer to 6000c and hence I took up my rights at 5950c .. That said, the ozzie deal is not going to be smooth sailing, so I have nought for now ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Agree, WHL at 60, for PE of 15, for current earnings. Country ROAD,contributed most to earnings, hence the Aussie venture in right direction.....my valuation for BIL is 285 to 300, BVT 250 to 280, CFR 75 to 80, SHP 135 to 150,,,,,,,, investing
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I am keen to know what the price will be in 5 years!
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Rams can you recall when the PE for CFR was low as this? Its 18% ish and that seems to be where the share consistently trades = surely reasonably priced ( assuming you are an investor )as it stands? As for Woolies - why rush in - to early to tell.
0 Kudos
phd
Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Lets see. i believe it will be significantly higher in the long term, but just my gut feeling...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
current PE is closer to 25 times - by my calculation after rights issue
0 Kudos
Not applicable
current PE is closer to 25 times - by my calculation after rights issue
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Mostly there.......I like BIL at these levels. And SOL closer to 400 for a PE below 8
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Oops, SOL closer to 500!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
LABAT AFRICA FORCAST BEST GROWTH FOR 2015. GET IN ON THIS ONE. THEY EXPECTED TO BUY OVER A BIG COMPANY SOON SHARE PRICE IS ON A BIG INCLINE OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS. ENJOY THE RIDE UP.
0 Kudos