Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Threshold

Not applicable
How goes the FGL? :) Definitely a long term hold
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
I bought and am definately holding - banking license approved, they have money. Big things will happen here.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Dont know much about this company but just had a quick glance...they are making losses, revenue has been declining etc, what makes you guys think this is the one to hold for the long term? Whats the hype about the banking license about???
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
lol i completely take everything i said back...im gonna be watching this one very carefully...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just to get a banking license requires huge amounts of capital. I think they have good long terms plans. Dont think we have a capitec on our hands but one never knows!
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Have they mentioned their intentions regarding this? i tried looking for some info on this and nothing came up?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I held this share earlier this year,but did not appreciate the extreme volatility!...It could drop by 59% in a twinkle of an eye!....Add to that there always seem to be more sellers than buyers....If i ever enter again I shall price my bid at 40% down on amonth basis!
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
So barry do u think it holds some very good long term prospects because im starting to like the numbers iv seen over the last few days....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
doesn't matter how good the co may or may not be .. that bid/offer spells massive risk ..
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I totally agree with Simon.,,,better to let it run for a couple of years before re-assessing !
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
educate me please....if i then purchase this for the long term, the bid/buy price/volatility shouldnt matter right? as long as i get in at the lowest price possible....why not let it run while you holding it? **just saying** lol
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
lol, they don't have a banking license, they have a MUTUAL banking license. Mutual banks are owned by their deposit-holders and, basically, are non-profit for shareholders... Go re-read the SENS, go read about mutual banks. This one is not going to be another capitec.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yip, if a micro lender is unable to get out the starting blocks in a micro lend industry boom, then what makes people think they will succeeed in an industry where the entire investment community is concerned about over exposure to unsecured lending
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Not to be drawn back into this insane asylum - but FGL is more than just a microlender - and the mutual banking licence is probably aimed at establishing an interesting self-financing model for her inventory of 2000+ and growing residential stands. At 7c it was a sitter (still is.) Value is about price. In the long term - "Risk" has much to do with price paid for value bought. Large "price spreads" due to low liquidity create opportunity. You pay the price you think it's worth (or less, if you're lucky.) I have my 1% of FINBOND's equity. Perhaps it will go belly-up - that's the stock market for you. Time will tell. Patience grasshopper.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Thresh, is that you...thought you were banned or something...long TIME
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Endless aggression on this site - and lack of contenet - makes it less than attractive.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Adding to position at 12c
0 Kudos