Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Time-out extended from 15 - 30 mins

Robbie
Regular Contributor
Congratulations OST ! I remember many of us asked for this as long as 2 years ago. Will it take another 2 years before we will have the option to choose our own time-out on the Login page ?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Victoria_1
Contributor
I think the "time out" refers to instances when the market is "halted" (when it falls too fast), there is no longer a "time out" on your login, try the following: log out and immediately log in again, see for yourself!
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
We are pleased to announce that the session time out has now been extended from 15 minutes to 30 minutes. After 29 minutes of inactively, a pop up window will alert the user of the impending time out, the user will be given an opportunity to extend the session further.
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
You missed the boat. See Topgun's reply below. It's only about INACTIVITY (while on the toilet or having lunch)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, Great News. It makes a big difference. It seems when the pop up appears and you click on it an sms is sent, but it does not seem to be charged for. They also have got the bug in the quotes balance sorted out. Before, just after market close and without asking for it all the shares on the watchlist were charged for at 5c each. Glad to say that isn't happening anymore after lots of correspondence hither and thither. Initially tried to tell me that it was a mistake on my part but am now vindicated and with a refund too.
0 Kudos