Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Time to buy over sold Gold shares?

DEP
Super Contributor
Time to buy over sold Gold shares? Ang = 296.50 ; Gfi = 109 ; Har = 88
0 Kudos
68 REPLIES 68
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nonono .. the time for buying gold stocks was at least 10% higher .. you missed this boat ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
... yeah Simon - you clever!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Oh... and you the same guy that's presenting courses for OST!!! I suppose you too clever to be around OST.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes.no.maybe ?? mostly you confused me ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
you sarcastic and lack respect for anyone around here (forum) and their opinion - and you are an OST staff - SHAME on you!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
err no, not staff .. contractor ..
but now I even more confused .. you suggesting I must mind P's and Q's and be polite an all and respectful to everybody ?? an further you just be wrong, I certainly respect some people here ..
an really, a chirp about gold gets you all hot an bothered, or this been brewing for a while ??
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
This be DEFCON 1, it be my last stop before DEFCON Zero (where the balloon leaves from).
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
err okay contractor... see you at "futures (cape town) course" - got lots of questions for you.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Whaaaaaaa! Thats funny! Who cares! Have something to cool you guys down from 'Clover'.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
tis really easy...sell losers and buy winners...Im buying Harmony on monday.. well I am buying a short contract for harmony as least! IF you are a little creative with the spelling its HARM Money!.. always a good clue
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
If one wants to own gold shares then this is the time to start buying them. If one is looking purely for a trade, however, then there are far more predictable stocks out there; and predictable = "better to trade.".
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
should anybody really hold gold shares?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
yes... this year is the year of Gold stocks - just watch the middle east. Gold and oil will rise!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
That is another question entirely. I started to buy after an age in the wilderness. Then I saw that they were moving South even though gold was rising, so I dumped them. I have been hurt by these things in years gone by. I think their day will come. In the meantime - they are a trading stock and I am not a good enough trader for GOLDies. They scare me.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Bottom of weekly ranges: Uptrend ranging: ANG 280 to 375, GFI 102 to 152, HAR 81.8 to 120; Downtrend ranging: GLD 120 to 130. Check me.
0 Kudos