Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Time to buy over sold Gold shares?

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Well we'll see. I took 10 000 GFI today. Couldn't resist. I'll probably be crying by this time tomorrow.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
LTC
Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, you know heart of gold and all that, thought heartless may be the appropriate word....
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Down R15K - neither here nor there.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Not yet. That reaction kicks in at around 50K or 5% down. You know- round about the time you are confronted with the choice: Do I sell and obey my "STOP" and then suffer the demoralising surge that invariably follows; or do I hold because the stock is so low already, only to find that it can go way,way lower still. (?)
0 Kudos
Pepi
Regular Contributor
Hey Russ, deep down i'm sure you think he's done the right thing - I do.They are all so o/sold and look again at the chart of the dog - when that one goes all will go.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I'll tell you what I am more interested in: AD***** at these levels. BUT here I would look at taking exposure for a medium term hold.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I agree,Pepi.I am sure even Simon must be considering buying gold shares now!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
While I've got your ear Threshhold,what do you think of SOH now?Chart starting to look interesting,but i'm not a fundamental fundi.I recall you had some views on it before.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Is it time? Maybe waiting until you see the gold in their teeth be too late? Now be bracing for next onslaught - the Ben lectures with synchronised dancing featuring the Goldman Sachs muppets.. R/$ wants to be the first act.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Not time to be piling into these. Follow this oke's posts and you be ok. http://www.321gold.com/editorials/chan/chan031912.html
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I like the capital structure; the scale of interest by the owners. It seems a decent enough operation. In an economy like ours, they will have their work cut out for them. Their primary input, copper, is through the roof. Their energy and wage bills will be an issue like all SA Inc shares. They also depend heavily on construction spend, especially large scale government-type projects. Their retail operations are interesting, though. I'd rather put the money into companies that (I think) offer better growth with lower capital commitment. That said - there's nothing immediately wrong with SOH by the look of things.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I was hoping for something helpful, but that never seems to be the case with these "trade advisory services. "You have to learn " you're on your own out there!" This is the summation at the end of your ref.:- "Long term – on major buy signal. Short term – on sell signals. Only GLD and CEF are tradable upon new signals and set ups as long as their configs remain bullish." ...Not much help there!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
If there is real trouble in Europe, I'll be happy to hold 10 000 GFI. They may dip, but they will be one of the few stocks worth holding; all the more so if the Rand flops! BHP, AGL et al. - may not be the place to be nevermind how cheap they look.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
It would appear that $Gold can retrace to 1066 without violating its 2002 breakout bull trend. (They'll call this the "Battle of Hastings" call. So what am I to make of the "long-term bullish" call in the article?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hmmm, gold at 1066 would be messy .. very very messy ..
0 Kudos