Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

To CE.....

Not applicable
Remember I was talking about BIL and Channels overbought,Blah....well...I Took a snap-Shot of the SFM Site's chart,illustrating a simple Short-Trade idea.Posted it at www.4shared.com E-mail:[email protected] Password:sfm...### Takes a little bit of time to download/view.Tested it.....works.Have a look-see.
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
CE
Super Contributor
Thanks Zarp, I had a look. I've been trading shares for more that 15 years now and made some good money (and having fun). Late December 2006 I decided to try warrants and opened a SFM account with a small amount. Sad to say, I halved my investment in no time. From where you enter, the underlying have to move quite a bit in order to make money, and then of cource there is the time decay, aka packman. My opinion - to much risk for to little. I then decided to concentrate on DB waves with a "we in a BULL market, buy on pullbacks and sell high approuch" I also used funds in my ABSA shares account for this purpose which was not part of my plan. I can gladly tell you that I made exellent frofit the last two weeks and it looks like it is working for me.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
CE - I must agree with you. i vowed never to play warrants again. I was dunked badly by warrants around the 911 time and was trading for a year or so before that without much luck. I then stuck to shares. This year I thought i would give ssf a shot but I don't like the fact that if your timing is not perfect you get walloped for the day.Last mont been playing waves and like my paddle ski - I love wave riding. Very Very volatile and you need to be around or near the pc. Lets see what happens today!!!
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
Anybody care to explain the share buy back? I'm assuming this is what is keep BIL's moving up. At what price would they decide to stop buying ? How much do they want to buy back ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Lone Warrants Ranger,moi...O.K. then....BILABR at 19c.Tinkle have a Gander,heh.Looking pretty gnarly, old Wild BIL...and Saloon-door creaks,the musty smell of death-come-quick....Dead man's Hand ??
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Did you short ol wild BIL yet ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah...put a few Chips on at 20c.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
brilliant move!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I just got a buy signal on BIL! been waiting for one to get in....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist: P&F showed a Buy at R174.Price now at Overbought of Weekly UpChannel,Volumes dropping....Wanna explain your Buy signal ?....always open to ideas.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Credit where credits due but this time the duo will go to Zarp. No buy signal this side, but also not sell signal. Does look more likely for sell signal. Just wish Zarp can get out of these F@cking dud warrants. Goedkoop koop is duur koop ne Zarp!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
that buy signal worked once again....when Zarp sells something I buy it...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What happened ? ...up 10%.What ?(heh).##..O and just by the By, fellow Traders>>>>>the EZA 60min ATR P&F has just registered a Descending Triple Bottom Breakdown, which also fits nicely with the EWG( German i-Shares) which sees its Daily ATR P&F with a bunch of new Os for Supply....Ho-hum.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
LOL!!!!!! D@mn forgot about that one, was actually lloking at the charts! Some things are just to priceless to throw on a one dimensional graph!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes - what happened...u made a k@k impulsive decision again...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nah,Dude,I explained why I did it....Now you explain why you bought.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I went long because you went short...
0 Kudos