Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

To Hennie

asylum
Super Contributor
Hi Hennie you playing the gap on the dow think it might touch 12780 and retrace any thoughs.
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Not applicable
yes 12780 is big resistance, some big news is needed to move dow through 12800. I'll start to nibble at 12770 ... went long when Mr frank start prasing Ben for the work he had done, market reacted well, but not convinced
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
ja hennie its going no where at the moment waiting to get in short at 12710, or long 12760, not much in it maybe 20 points both ways.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Me think we see some movement as soon as the speech is done
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Short covering 150 points up?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Wizard you also trading?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
No, just got an SBK account. Watching what uncle Ben has to say to us
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no shorts as yet
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Nope just floating between long green candle on 1 min chart and now touching 100ma
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
could be a long night!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
about time !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So Hennie, how did your midnight trading go on the DOW ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey Asylum, what platform are you using to trade the Dow and FTSE? And, more importantly, is it working well for you?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi Wardog using global trader, yeah if only i could hold on to my wins i would be doing ok, discipline, discipline, so easy to get distracted and try and trade when there is no trade signal, seems to be my biggest problem. When i stick to my plan of entry and exit things are great, but every now and again i lose focus and enter a trade on gut feel and theres where the problem comes in, only put 10k in account now down 27%, so im doing a chartist in reverse.lol
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cool thanks. I'm running a funny money account with GT now, playing with spread trading and also trying to develop a system. I also have the 'gut feel trade' problem, which is fine while there's no real money involved, but scary when it's your own cash. Think I may take the plunge and give it a bash with some real cash next week. Otherwise trading TOPI using barrier warrants is going to send me to an early grave.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Is that the Global trader demo account your using? If so its identical to live trading platform.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I held my shorts over night so far, in the green so far but not by much, still think we go south ( 22 hour trading on DOW ) will be keeping a eye on this
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Will join you guys again soon; took funds out with recent problem, but will be back and also go for DJ. Did ok with it last time round.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi Skala did you trade the DJ Daily?
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Not every day if that is what you ask, but as day trader.
0 Kudos