Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

To Shanil..Some sage advice.

john_1
Super Contributor
Weldone you 19, and you getting involved in the stock market. Whats more is you made a 170 000 in your first month. So you think this is easy...So here is my advice... Take R300 000 of your money out of the market (for now) and continue to trade with the remaining R70 000 for the next year, if you still have R70000 or more put the rest back into your account and continue to trade. If not put it into satrix and go to University or take a gap year or what ever...
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
nala
Super Contributor
what did you trade? and how did you start
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Shanil, it seems like you're adding some interest to this forum. Good! What John says is wise. Especially now that I see what my own emotions can do to me regardless of the soundness of my trading plan. I lost my (rather humble sized) account three times in stocks, fx and safex agri futures, all due to me losing my cool and not ralising that the markets and the opportunities will always be there. I am curious to know as well... how did you make the 170k in a month?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
This must be the week for fairytales....and the gullible...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Novice? In a bear market? Striking gold? And living to tell the tale? Hang on, I got Steven Spielberg on the other line...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Goldfinger - now that's a nick i haven't seen in quite some time. I would also love to see Zarp back on this forum. I have plenty to discuss with him.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lol... Blast from the past. Whatever happened to that nut?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
19? Look like Brad Pitt? Not now, but in Thelma and Louise days? Made a killing when bankers were jumping? Well, blow me down. . .. Yeah, yeah, said blow me again on a forum where Chartist is a memeber. . . .
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
And now I need to go long on AGL cos, God knows, it's on a level. Luckily I'm drunk.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Well, Brazen get ready to be drunk a whole lot more because Knysna apparently only has enough water for 30 days.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
It's dire kwagga. I've stopped adding water to my whiskey. Every drop counts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
lol.. I always said the day would come when bathing in milk was helping to save the planet.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Im am Sutdying.. 3rd year B.Compt!! Firstly - I bought Billiton on the 21st nov @ R125 and sold on the 28 nov @ R191 That gave me a 100k headstart... Secondly - I bought again in Billiton on the 2nd dec & R155 and sold that on the 17th dec @ R195
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MATRIC = 18 YEARS,YR 1,YR 2,YR 3 =21 MINIMUM...AHEM AHEM..
0 Kudos
Amar
Contributor
You can finish matric at 17, 1st year 18, 2nd 19, 3rd 20 i.e only turning 20 in yr 3
0 Kudos
Not applicable
He matriculated when he was 16/17, obviously he is a bright spark and they jumped him a few grades!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ill be 20 next month!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I just find a 80 odd percent profit in a month amazing in the current climate....shanil u should register for the competitions bro...u got a golden touch...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes.for the gullible.IMO a ***** and bull tale or a sixer for the boundry.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
What was your starting capital?
0 Kudos