Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

To Simon - From Chartist

Not applicable
Simon, My inbox is jammed with angry people..so much for only a handful of people reading the forum. The fact that people have felt so strongly about this issue has got me thinking and I have been in touch with a few moderators of other forums to get their take on forum dynamics. The one thing that has come through loud and clear is that forums do not belong to the people that control them..they belong to the people who contribute and make the forum a part of their lives. Moderators who think they own a forum are deluded and the forum is doomed to failure. Of course forums have rules .in fact they must have rules in order to be sustainable. The rules do however need to reflect the mores and mood of the forum as well as be applied consistently and fairly. Clearly you and SFM have a certain disdain for the forum..through your statements about how few people even bother with the forum etc it is clear that the forum has become more work that it is worth so maybe there is method in your high handed unilateral bannings if the experience of other forums is anything to go by. I note with interest the emergence of some of forum members who have in the past made absolutely no contribution whatsoever to the exchange of useful information whatsoever save to make personal, racist, homophobic and sexist comments...Jezebel, Patrick et el.. I mean come on whats worse saying TESTICLE or asserting that black people have less intelligence and that the rape and murder of millions in central Africa was justified? Do you know that because you deleted the post very few even know why I was banned..this has resulted in all kinds of rumors flying about. Clearly this was one tescitle too many for you. You have chosen not to respond to my email but I think you at least owe it to the forum to explain why providing of course that your omnipotence will allow it. To those looking for a forum which will provide practical, relevant and most of all uncensored information please just be patient as something will come along. Thanks for all the emails.sorry if I haven't responded to all. Yours testicularly Chartist.
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hohum .. below is my email to chartist from last week .. it still stands ..

Mark,
You're banned until further notice for attached post. Call if you wanna talk about it.
Simon
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Simon for the reply. Will send it through to Chartist.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
SFM need to control the forum. Its like going into to a bank and doing what you like just because you are a client, it doesn't work like that. Chartist, leave things as is and maybe soon you'll be allowed back on.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I agree, if the logic is that the forum belongs to the forumites and they can do what they want, i think we might not have a forum for long as SFM would just close it down. so it would be in the best interest of all the forumites to just respect the decisions of SFM and adhere to their terms and conditions that everyone here already accepted...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think that Chartist's proxy posts should be banned as well. I think that anyone who mentions Chartist should be banned. I think that Chartist is stupid.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Eish. Jez, what up with you and chartist?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have a dark side.
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
I agree as well... the topics here should remain clean. Chartist's trading knowledge is formidable, but his personal remarks (incl. the top letter here) is in bad taste. I miss is knowledge, I really do, but the forum is "safe" again, at least. That being said, I think all reference to outside topics (i.e. religion, politics, gender, race, etc.) should be written in such a way as to keep the different forumites in mind. There is no need to offend here... make a forum for that. Keep this stock trading specific.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
jeez, chartist and his bruised ego is starting to piss me off. give it a rest - you were wrong! And formites who wish to have him back just for his trading knowledge are the real tools, how are you ever going to find your own edge in the market if you keep on blindly following someone else's advice?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Understandably, the Captain of the said ship of sloofs cannot look to show any remorse for his actions now, for that would be sending out the wrong message,.. He holds his pose though deep down he knows there is one less candidate actually grasping the whole concept of what we are doing here anyway,..
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
I try to read every post although i do not understand all of the content, from the perlifery of engeneers. What i have noticed over the past few days is the amount of new fresh names answering and asking logical and relevent questions. Based on the pathetic letter from mr c it just goes to to show he needs this forum for his daily fix of financial fantasy and personal gratiication.I say burn him at the stake along with his tribe of sexual deviants and T.A.experts. Long live Werner,simon,and and barry realistic but poor formurites
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It always amazes me how immature all the people on this forum are including SimonPB. We all know that SFM has invented this forum and trading site for a sheer marketing ploy to gain market share. I will be the first to admit it does work. However, we all know this site sucks, and yet we all use it, we all know that this thing has major problems on being stable and yet we all still use it. So moral of the story is we are all a bunch 2 bit idiots. We alol don't like what chartist has to say cause his frank and too the point and the fact that his right is probabl his downfall. Its like human anture for people not to want to be wrong. As soon they wrong they all go defensive and up in arms and than Simon has to come to front line and do stupid things just to show his corporate might of SBK. Sorry simon I don't mean you any offense. But my question to you all is I wonder how many of the people with all the lousy comments and no contributiona ctually make mony here cause you guys so damn emotional??? Chartist had good info, no one coul qwuestion that, he was on the money so to speak, and as most intelligent people who are normally the rare few, they are always isolated so that the "masses" can feel less idiotic. Remember this Banks as most companies make their billions off the masses who dont know better.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I don't understand. There's an explicit rule at the top of the forum for behaviour. How could it be immature to act when someone steps over the line? Do you expect Simon to waive the rules because someone is popular? (Which is exactly how Zuma and company will stay out of jail.) Surely it's much, much, much easier to just stick within the rules, or move to a forum where the rules are different? So get C to call Simon and talk like human beings instead of having a childish proxy war.
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
Yes OZone... get down for up there and go look yourself in the mirror. For what it's worth, Simon, I agree with the decision. There's a place and time for everything. For now, I think this horse has been beaten well and beyond death. What do you guys think of the banks of this stage? FSR, ASA? Still too risky to buy for long term? Do you think there is much more downside to come?
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
As long as the dividends keep coming. I' m buying and holding, indefinitely...........
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Lousg is correct if u are trading shares and installments and if u are trading warrants put a 20% stop-loss on it and then u can forget about it!....The futures close out might be having an effect on the share prices today,so i'm holding off new purchases till monday.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Hi Barry. Which sector, in your opinion, has the better prospects from here for the next 2-3 years, Banks or PUTS/PLS?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Definitely banks as other sectors pick up,they require finance and as basic resources start to fly which the world requires , mega financing deals can only be put together by them....Even over three years commercial,retail property will still be laggards but will eventually catch up as these sectors start to recover,of course we buy them for the increasing income stream.
0 Kudos