Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

To Simon: How cool was your perma bear indicator!

john_1
Super Contributor
Having seen this in action I am so going to use it as an alarm bell next time, now all I need is a new perma bear. super ego wont do he is almost half smart. alsmost.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I recon that has got to be one of the best TA indictors, We should log bull vs bear comments and plot it on a graph we will call it the "princess liela, may the force be with youc" or the " PLMFY indicator" for short indicator. I recon we could black box the formula and sell it for a fortune.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
there is more truth to this than what we realise....many traders use the put call ratio as an indicator of market internals.....but not in the way you would think...the higher the ratio of puts to calls (i.e. the more shorts than longs) the more bullish the market and vice versa....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
john, not completely out the window. There was a chap looking at the idea in the late 90's, tracking media stories and online postings to gauge a bull/bear split. He then charted it and when bull or bear got way extreme he figured take an opposite position. Last I heard from him was early 2000 when he was shorting everything that moved (seeing as everything/body was bullish to the extreme) - not sure how it worked out as there was still some massive upside before the wheels really fell off. But in essence this is the theory of bear/bull phases. The last phase sees everybody bullish and paying any pruce or giving up (bearish).

"princess liela, may the force be with you" or " PLMFY indicator" a nice twister sorta name.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yeah, brilliant Simon. You mentioned it the day before!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, when I'm wrong it is spectacular... but do I get any points for calling it on Simmers?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
No way, that was a no brainer, prices propped up more than Dolly Partons bustier on prom night.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Market down 3%... The forum favorites( speculators fab 5) MRF 8.5% SIM 9.2% SAL 5.5% SXR 5.6% WEZ 5.9%
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Re:Happy Daze by john on 31 Jul 13:46 Prepare to take those profits people if this little rally is going to run out of steam it is going to do it soon. Hindsight my A$$
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SIMMERS
by super idego on 31 Jul 15:14
I would be cautious considering the (relatively) low volume today, divergence in DMI, break from the up channel (26 Jun) and no supporting indicators, other than stochastics

by john on 31 Jul 15:19
This from a man who makes his money going short!
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
Yup, have to agree with you John. This little ol' correction (dare we whisper crash?) looks different to last June/July and this year Feb corrections. Last week's drop smashed straight thru the support line from those 2 events and Mon and Tues gains did not even get it back to that support line. OMO this is going to get nasty.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Prehaps you misunderstood that comment It was meant in suport of your Sim put. no worries EGOboy we all learning, I am certanly know I have a lot to learn.
0 Kudos