Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

To Simon, SALN

Kipper
Contributor
I've got a bunch of SAL, and now a smaller bunch of SALN. Kindly confirm, or otherwise, my understanding of the situation. I instruct SBK to pay for them at the 60c rate, and then they become SAL shares valued at the higher 107-ish (market rate)cents. If so, then how can it be that SALN is being traded at 58c, when another 60c is required to own the actual share? Are these folks crazy, or am I missing a sandwich from the picnic?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
topgun
Super Contributor
Your understanding is correct. This presents an opportunity to sell the NPL's and buy the cheaper ords if you want to increase your holding. Brokerage must be considered though which partly explains the price gap.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well 60c + 58c = 108c around the market price of SAL. So you can sell the SALN (remember there is a time limit and then they expire worthless), or you could instruct us to buy new SAL's for you at 60c with every one SALN entilting you to buy 1 SAL. So yes you get free money, unless the SAL price moves lower postthe issue.
0 Kudos
Kipper
Contributor
60 plus 58 equals 118, hence my question. Would be cheaper right now to buy SAL at 107c not SALN at 58c. I think expiry is a while yet, cos their SENS says that they're posting shareholder info re offer next week. BTW: who do I instruct at SBK to buy at 60c?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well the two together should equal current price, currently is 106c vs. share at 108c. To take up the offer contact the call centre, 0860 121 161
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the offer closes on 22 June and all unsold or not acted on SALN's will disappear. Also

executives will be briefing investors on the opening of its rights offer on Tuesday, 5 June and Wednesday, 6 June in Johannesburg and Cape Town respectively. The presentation will take place at the Balalaika Hotel in Sandton, Johannesburg and the Mount Nelson in Cape Town. Both presentations will begin at 12h00.
0 Kudos