Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

To Simon can this be done.

asylum
Super Contributor
When using a SSF stop loss you have to use the ssf price which makes it quite difficult to work out what the underlying price should be is it not possible to actually change that to use the underlying share price and if that is not possible then how about linking the SSF Matrix on the SSF stop loss page any other ideas from the forum? Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Electrox
Super Contributor
I was thinking of the exact same thing there. Good point made there.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Had the same problem what i do is to open the matrix first which loads in a seperate window then i go to stop loss page and look up ssf price/underlying from matrix. works quite well however agree that easiest will be to place a stop using the underlying price.
0 Kudos
Champ_golfer
Frequent Contributor
Yes divz, follows your method too- works quite well Was busy setting a Stop Loss for EXX the other week when it was trading at 9850c, to be at 9800c when I was fed up taking Losses,from 10200c then with the time taken to look these up SSF Matrix from Underlying and convert and set stop Loss I keep on having to refresh my trading page and eventually when it reached 9780c that morning I thought I have enough money to prevent Auto-close and it WILL go up again...so didn't bother to set Stop Loss Guess what it went up to 11000c 4 days later and doubled my money, from where I would have been had it closed out on Stop loss level, had it been reached...glitches comes in handy sometimes..lol Don't set stop loss unless u really have tooo..and u think the market will plunge further with rather good certainty !! Good luck trading buddies
0 Kudos